Last visit was: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:18 am It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:18 am




 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 The Future of Wanee... 
Author Message
Wanee Veteran

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:34 pm
Posts: 589
Location: florida
Post Re: The Future of Wanee...
If they move Wanee up a week it will be the same weekend as Tampa blues festival with420 fest the next weekend. They need to get with it and have a stellar lineup to keep it rolling. IMO


Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:22 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:08 am
Posts: 12656
Location: Florida
Post Re: The Future of Wanee...
just Howie wrote:
If they move Wanee up a week it will be the same weekend as Tampa blues festival with420 fest the next weekend. They need to get with it and have a stellar lineup to keep it rolling. IMO


At this point any announcement would be welcome.

_________________
~~Can't go back and you can't stand still. If the peaches don't get you, then the mushrooms will.~~


Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:33 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:08 am
Posts: 1569
Post Re: The Future of Wanee...
I think it is time we realize that wanee is done. The park will replace it with something as a spring fest is still profitable for SOSMP. Livenation has kept trotting out WSP and they just cannot pull in fans year after year as the brothers could. I love the park but other fest have better lineups for the same money or less. I will still come in April regardless to what it is called but lets face it Wanee is probably done.

_________________
I'm loving every minute of it


Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:59 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:34 pm
Posts: 589
Location: florida
Post Re: The Future of Wanee...
maestro63 wrote:
I think it is time we realize that wanee is done. The park will replace it with something as a spring fest is still profitable for SOSMP. Livenation has kept trotting out WSP and they just cannot pull in fans year after year as the brothers could. I love the park but other fest have better lineups for the same money or less. I will still come in April regardless to what it is called but lets face it Wanee is probably done.

Sadly I Agree.


Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:24 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:07 pm
Posts: 11242
Location: Marianna, Florida
Post Re: The Future of Wanee...
Damn...that maestro is prophetic....and probably right.
Unfortunately...the Brothers are irreplaceable......


Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:46 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 1374
Post Re: The Future of Wanee...
I actually think Wanee will happen this upcoming year, after that who knows. I think everyone agrees that LN's effort is, lets just say uninspired, but the attendance seemed pretty good last year and LN can't be shelling out that much money to put it on considering how lackluster the lineup was and that they use essentially the exact same festival setup/decorations/etc each year, so I'm guessing its still profitable to LN and certainly still profitable to SoSMP.


Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:08 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:48 am
Posts: 3156
Post Re: The Future of Wanee...
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
I actually think Wanee will happen this upcoming year, after that who knows. I think everyone agrees that LN's effort is, lets just say uninspired, but the attendance seemed pretty good last year and LN can't be shelling out that much money to put it on considering how lackluster the lineup was and that they use essentially the exact same festival setup/decorations/etc each year, so I'm guessing its still profitable to LN and certainly still profitable to SoSMP.

The above highlighted part is kinda backwards... IMO...

My guesstimate is that the 2018 Wanee attendance was about half of what it's been in prior (recent) years. Those who WERE there in 2018, were the true blue hardcore loyalist Wanee crowd, enthusiastic and loving the whole thing, and that's what made it enjoyable. But the body count was way down.

Certainly, Phil Lesh doesn't come cheap, and neither was Bobby the year before. I don't mind the lineups, but LN isn't doing anything to get the younger set to show, and the old school hardcore biker Allmans fans simply won't show up, unless there is an Allman Brothers Band playing... the last five years are proof enough of that.

Otherwise, I agree with Mango ... despite having no announcement or anything, I think Wanee 2019 will happen, in some fashion. Perhaps it will be billed as a swan song. So very sad, the prospect of it just dying on the vine with nothing so much as a farewell...

Might be wishful thinking. But what else we got to go on right now?
:?


Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:58 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 1374
Post Re: The Future of Wanee...
You really think there was about a 50% drop in attendance in 2018? I say no way.

I wasn't there in 2017, but was in 2016 and from what I remember there was some, but not much of a difference between 2016 and 2018 attendance. Perhaps I am having recall bias though.


Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:41 am Profile
Wanee Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 pm
Posts: 3221
Location: Grant FL
Post Re: The Future of Wanee...
My source told me that this (2018) Wanee was about 8K people. 2017 was closer to 15K. I have NO way to verify these numbers, but I trust the source. She is in a position to know, and has no interest in inflating/deflating attendance figures I can think of.


The space available on river road (way out where we camp) was hardly crowded, much less full. Usually across the road fills up by Friday, it never did this year.

_________________
'I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.'


Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:57 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 1374
Post Re: The Future of Wanee...
Volkemon wrote:
My source told me that this (2018) Wanee was about 8K people. 2017 was closer to 15K. I have NO way to verify these numbers, but I trust the source. She is in a position to know, and has no interest in inflating/deflating attendance figures I can think of.


The space available on river road (way out where we camp) was hardly crowded, much less full. Usually across the road fills up by Friday, it never did this year.


If accurate that’s crazy. Like I said I wasn’t there in 2017 so there may have been a bump from 2016, but only 1/2 as many seems nuts. I almost always camp in E/F for Wanee, and there were less people in that area than usually but not 1/2 as many. I also didn’t think the main stage was notably less crowded than usually (with the exception of proper placement of chairs which opens things up); Shroom stage felt just as full as always.

8k range is more of what I’ve heard for Bear Creek/Aura and Wanee 18 seemed easily 2-3x more people than those festivals as they didn’t even use the Main stage/Peach stage; but perhaps the numbers I have heard for those are wrong. What’s his name, I think Paul, one of the promoters has posted numbers in here a few times, I’ll try to dig those up but I forget his forum name.


Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:42 pm Profile
 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot, Choopa.net/ahrefs.com[Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.