Last visit was: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:52 pm It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:52 pm

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 The Future of Wanee... 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: The Future of Wanee...
Volkemon wrote:

BIG festy also...
""An average annual attendance of more than a quarter-million fans (over 300,000 each year)""

""A history of booking some of the most important acts in the world, including Red Hot Chili Peppers, Brad Paisley, Sam Hunt, Kanye West, Blake Shelton, Iggy Azalea, The Killers, Lady Gaga, CeeLo Green, Lady Antebellum, Sting, Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Tiesto, Skrillex, The White Stripes, Run The Jewels, Dallas Smith, Manu Chao, The Black Eyed Peas, Jackson Browne, City and Colour, David Gray, Snoop Dogg, Elvis Costello, James Brown, Ben Harper, Sheryl Crow, KISS, Soundgarden, The Black Keys, Peter Frampton, A Perfect Circle, Santana, FUN, The Dixie Chicks, and Zac Brown Band to name a few.""

I hope that list was developed randomly. It is definitely not in order of talent or alphabetically.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:42 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Dunno. Was on the marketing page - https://ottawabluesfest.ca/facts-figures/

Maybe in order of appearance?

I was more impressed with the attendance, until I thought of how they manipulate that. Maybe 15 days of fest, 20K people per day = 300,000 'Visitor days' at the festival.

Like Wanee 18 could have had 25,000+ people...

wed - 4K
thu-sat - 8K avg

total - 28K visitor days

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:04 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

That's how attendance is frequently calculated ...

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:15 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Called the SOSMP today... around the 90 day mark.... still no date for Wanee 2019. Anyone else know more?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:36 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

eric wrote:
Called the SOSMP today... around the 90 day mark.... still no date for Wanee 2019. Anyone else know more?

The last thing I hear was that the 90 day renewal period would start when the new dates are announced and that would be happening "soon". Stay tuned. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:15 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Wanee is officially ( :lol: he said 'officially'!) on island time.

Soon come, mon! De bus be by soon! In de meantime, come get out de sun mon, an sit down... you gonna fry your brains in dis heat!

:geek:

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:35 am Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
Wanee is officially ( :lol: he said 'officially'!) on island time.

Soon come, mon! De bus be by soon! In de meantime, come get out de sun mon, an sit down... you gonna fry your brains in dis heat!

:geek:

Witch Island” ?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:41 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

eric wrote:
Witch Island” ?

De one wit de bus, boss!

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:52 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

AndieBee wrote:
eric wrote:

The last thing I hear was that the 90 day renewal period would start when the new dates are announced and that would be happening "soon". Stay tuned. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hello everyone! Be aware that I was told 60 days when I called a week ago after they told me 90 days a couple of months ago... I think he just wanted me off the phone... :lol:

Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:55 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Well, originally the woman said "Try back in a few weeks" so I guess no one knows. They should have just left it at "Soon"[color=#BF00BF][/color]

Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:30 pm Profile
 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next