Last visit was: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:10 pm It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:10 pm

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The Future of Wanee... 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: The Future of Wanee...
beach bob wrote:
Jensen B Gator wrote:
AndieBee wrote:
Please no one mention Skynyrd...

they're on their farewell tour.... so doubtful

Their fourth farewell tour!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(seriously, I have no idea if Skynyrd is milking their retirement, ala the Eagles, who definitely did do multiple farewell tours.)

Kinda like dead and co were supposed to......,..skynyrd was a great Wanee. But how long do y'all really think Wanee can keep going with 3 to 5 dead tributes, 2 to 4 brothers tributes and a few funk bands thrown in ?

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:58 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

HOWIE... shhhhhh... dont be so inclusive in your love of music. Its cool to hate on Skynyrd here. Now put this WSP T-shirt on and drink some of the community punch. :lol:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:01 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

mmmmm.... Kool-Aid........

:D

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:51 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I would agree with you howie ...... except that you think Skynyrd was a great addition to Wanee so everything else you say on here for the rest of your life is null and void.

I kid I kid. Although I actually do disagree with you. First off Dead and Co is not GD50. The music at GD50 was superior in my opinion, plus and even more importantly, it’s not a Grateful Dead Farewell Tour if Phil is still alive but choosing to not be involved. I also don’t think Dead and Co every promoted any of their shows/tours as “farewell shows”. Again, GD did but that was difference since all the living members were there (and for what it’s worth they haven’t played together as a unit since so the Fare Thee Well still holds. But agree with your general premise that bands milk “farewell tours” for all they are worth.

In regards to how long Wanee can survive as a Dead/ABB tribute fest, I think that’s a great question. Wanee in its current form is a two day two stage fest with a very small lineup. If they set realistic expectations and are fine with drawing a smaller crowd to support a smaller fest then my answer would be that could sustain for many many years. If they plan to only continue the fest if it’s drawing the same number as it did in the Allman years the I would say the answer is, “not much longer at all”.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:55 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Has anyone been in touch with SOSMP recently, to ask about Wanee 2019 ?

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:19 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

eric wrote:
Has anyone been in touch with SOSMP recently, to ask about Wanee 2019 ?

Not since they told me to call back "in a few weeks".

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:26 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Taken from Wanee Festival Family page on FB -

Penny Brockman-Weisberg
June 23 at 11:45 AM
This is todays email response from SOSMP: Currently our promoters are working on the date for Wanee next year. We are hoping by July that we will have dates for the festival. If you had a site last year you will still have 90 days after the dates are selected to reserve the same camp site

Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:29 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Whew! A ray of hope!! We needed that.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:54 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Volkemon wrote:
Taken from Wanee Festival Family page on FB -

Penny Brockman-Weisberg
June 23 at 11:45 AM
This is todays email response from SOSMP: Currently our promoters are working on the date for Wanee next year. We are hoping by July that we will have dates for the festival. If you had a site last year you will still have 90 days after the dates are selected to reserve the same camp site

Penny & Co. are good people, Wanee vets, thumbs up for the update! Sounds promising!

Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:40 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Hopefully no killdeer nest at the park in April... :shock: :shock:

Canadian Music Festival on Hold Due to a Single Nesting Bird

https://gizmodo.com/canadian-music-fest ... 1827131923

BIG festy also...
""An average annual attendance of more than a quarter-million fans (over 300,000 each year)""

""A history of booking some of the most important acts in the world, including Red Hot Chili Peppers, Brad Paisley, Sam Hunt, Kanye West, Blake Shelton, Iggy Azalea, The Killers, Lady Gaga, CeeLo Green, Lady Antebellum, Sting, Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Tiesto, Skrillex, The White Stripes, Run The Jewels, Dallas Smith, Manu Chao, The Black Eyed Peas, Jackson Browne, City and Colour, David Gray, Snoop Dogg, Elvis Costello, James Brown, Ben Harper, Sheryl Crow, KISS, Soundgarden, The Black Keys, Peter Frampton, A Perfect Circle, Santana, FUN, The Dixie Chicks, and Zac Brown Band to name a few.""

Damn!

No SOSMP camping however.... PASS! :lol:

Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:59 am Profile
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next