Last visit was: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:04 am It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:04 am

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The Future of Wanee... 
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Re: The Future of Wanee...
Dickey

(oh, and Skynyrd) :evil:

Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:03 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

As was previously mentioned, the fact that they immediately said “see you next year” makes me think it will be a go. Perhaps they haven’t settled in a date yet, or some other complicating factor. Does LN produce 420 fest? It makes zero sense to have these two feats on the same weekend if it’s the same promoter (which I believe it is). Maybe they are trying to figure out the logistics of making them both work on different weekends while taking into account Easter?

Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:50 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

A quick google shows different promoters -

""The SweetWater 420 Fest is an annual event presented by SweetWater Brewing Company in Atlanta, Georgia held on a weekend closest to Earth Day.""

Wikipedia appears to agree.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:34 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

That makes more sense then. Although a brewery being the main promoter of a major music festival seems odd. I would imagine they would outsource that role to a professional organization that is used to doing these type of things, but maybe not.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:25 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
As was previously mentioned, the fact that they immediately said “see you next year” makes me think it will be a go.

You may have missed the asterisk...

See you next year!*

[*at Hulaween!]

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sorry. I'm feeling trolly today :P

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:46 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Also:

My cobwebbed, wonky mental data bank is telling me I've been camping and festing on the Suwannee over Easter weekend... It probably happened during SpringFest, a long time ago. It would only be something to avoid, if it were making a real hardship for the principals involved.

Call me a godless heathen, but I don't see Easter 86ing hundreds of admits, because someone has to be at Grandma's Easter brunch or whatever.

If you pay attention, things are never settled and locked down, anywhere as soon as we (the patrons) would like them to be. Whether it's fest dates, or lineup announced, or schedule released... Thus it ever was.

All I ever can do is wait it out... should Wanee be no more, I bet we could still wrangle a good reason for old friends to meet. For instance: Someone might think, Hey! We are old friends, let's meet!

:)

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:57 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

beach bob wrote:
We are old friends, let's meet!

And Greet!
... And not to sound overly pessimistic, but SOSMP has taken money and reservations past years without knowing what dates the next Wanee was going to be. The fact that they are not accepting money is troubling to me. "Call back in a few weeks" just sounds so vague...

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:03 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

AndieBee wrote:
Please no one mention Skynyrd...

they're on their farewell tour.... so doubtful

Oh Gator country

A little bit of that chomp chomp

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:58 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
Also:

My cobwebbed, wonky mental data bank is telling me I've been camping and festing on the Suwannee over Easter weekend... It probably happened during SpringFest, a long time ago. It would only be something to avoid, if it were making a real hardship for the principals involved.

Call me a godless heathen, but I don't see Easter 86ing hundreds of admits, because someone has to be at Grandma's Easter brunch or whatever.

If you pay attention, things are never settled and locked down, anywhere as soon as we (the patrons) would like them to be. Whether it's fest dates, or lineup announced, or schedule released... Thus it ever was.

All I ever can do is wait it out... should Wanee be no more, I bet we could still wrangle a good reason for old friends to meet. For instance: Someone might think, Hey! We are old friends, let's meet!

:)

I'm not one to pay attention to the dates of Easter but I seem to remember a couple years that Wanee has been "off schedule" and someone mentioning they thought it was because of Easter. But what do I know? (Spoiler, the answer is: "not much").

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:06 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

watched ttb at 420. it was packed. they dont have any problem drawing folks. it could be alot of folks just dont want to deal with the camping and stuff.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:38 am Profile
 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next