Last visit was: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:40 pm It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:40 pm

[ 6 posts ] 
 Uncle John's Band 
Wanee Pro

Post Uncle John's Band
This Thursday evening, UJB will be playing their 1000th Thursday night Dead tribute show at Skippers Smokehouse. They started doing the shows in 1998, playing every Thursday other than Thanksgivings & the few times Christmas has fallen on a Thursday, and apparently one random night when it was storming too bad for them to go on.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/soundcheck/2018/05/29/long-strange-trip-grateful-dead-tribute-uncle-johns-band-set-for-1000th-thursday-show-at-skippers-smokehouse/

Oh oh-all I want to know is where does the time go

Tue May 29, 2018 2:54 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Post Re: Uncle John's Band
Good for them! I love UJB!!

Tue May 29, 2018 5:12 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Congrats to the band and Tampa!

Tue May 29, 2018 5:32 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Oops, in my OP I forgot to make my obligatory jam band/Dead joke.

I'm pretty sure they've just been playing the same song since that first night in 1998; every Thursday they just pick up where they left off the previous week. Rumor has it they're going to wrap up that song this week, and begin show #1001 with a new song next week. ;)

Wed May 30, 2018 8:18 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Skipper's was PACKED last night! On stage and off...

Many band members from the early days took their turns to play, and Steve Connelly sat in for quite a while on pedal steel. Folks from Ugly Rumors on till the present played and played well with the current UJB line-up.

The sound was excellent, although when Tom White and the retired Vince McGilvra got up after set break (yes, there was a short set break) to present the band with some kinda plaque, I couldn't make out a word of what they said. Oh well. I'm sure it was positive. :)

The Skipper Dome was full to the rafters - entry was FREE. Lotta good folk there: old school and new. Saw more than a few families in attendance as well...

I believe the present and the future are in good hands, and the Music just may never stop. Because the flame is still burning brightly, and I saw no need to worry about our family and its values 'fading away' any time soon...

Here's to the next 1,000 shows, yall. :mrgreen:

Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:06 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

I couch toured this last night. It was so good to see everyone on stage and off having such a good time.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:22 pm Profile
 [ 6 posts ]