Last visit was: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:04 am It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:04 am

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Hulaween Lineup 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Hulaween Lineup
It's like I love or hate just about everyone on the lineup. Kinda weird.

So much goodness then some huge head scratchers.

Sat May 26, 2018 9:29 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Take Thursday and move it to Fri/Sat and this is great for me. Underwhelmed with the rest of the lineup. Definitely not as good as previous years to me. Probably going to pass...It is definitely a young person festival and I like the vibe. Just not digging the major lineup after SCI.

Robb

Mon May 28, 2018 12:11 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

FWIW:

A couple sleepers are Dr. Dog, and Garaj Mahal. Garaj Mahal is back on the road after a loooooong hiatus. Really great jammy fusion jazz stuff, they occasionally sounded like Return To Forever to my ears.

There's some real pearls in that Hula lineup... but I am surely aging out of such big events, as like others I don't know 60% of these acts.

I dig 'young people' fests... the energy is great. I had a blast last year at Bonnaroo, a decidedly young people's fest. I figured out what and where I could find the stuff I liked. And I was knocked out by some acts that were recommended. That said.........

I'll see y'all at Roots 8-)

Tue May 29, 2018 11:36 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Bob,your way of looking at things is so my way too! It unfortunately doesn’t get me to the SOSMP but once a year for Wanee! Enjoy Roots!

Tue May 29, 2018 5:31 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

beach bob wrote:
FWIW:

A couple sleepers are Dr. Dog, and Garaj Mahal. Garaj Mahal is back on the road after a loooooong hiatus. Really great jammy fusion jazz stuff, they occasionally sounded like Return To Forever to my ears.

There's some real pearls in that Hula lineup... but I am surely aging out of such big events, as like others I don't know 60% of these acts.

I dig 'young people' fests... the energy is great. I had a blast last year at Bonnaroo, a decidedly young people's fest. I figured out what and where I could find the stuff I liked. And I was knocked out by some acts that were recommended. That said.........

I'll see y'all at Roots 8-)

This festival will probably sell out again. There is something for everyone on the lineup. That said for most people it's probably love/hate.

It's not just bands or artist's you have not heard of you may despise some of them completely. I keep a pretty open mind and can appreciate any "good" music. There are a few acts and genres on here that I just cannot stand.
NHGTMRE for example, would rather sit in a hula Porto than watch that trainwreck.

Thu May 31, 2018 10:37 am Profile
Wanee Fan

funkengroovin wrote:
NHGTMRE for example, would rather sit in a hula Porto than watch that trainwreck.

Oddly enough... my interest is now piqued! :)

Thu May 31, 2018 11:24 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Not sure why I haven't learned in all these years not to try and drink anything while reading these posts. The image of someone sitting in a Hula Porto vs listening to any band just cracks me up to the point of spitting my drink everywhere.... Enjoy Hula everyone!

Thu May 31, 2018 11:25 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

AndieBee wrote:
Not sure why I haven't learned in all these years not to try and drink anything while reading these posts. The image of someone sitting in a Hula Porto vs listening to any band just cracks me up to the point of spitting my drink everywhere.... Enjoy Hula everyone!

Haha...ngthmre is a dj who plays really hideous trap music. So bad.

Thu May 31, 2018 8:30 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Yeah I have no doubt that this will sell out. Plus the fact that I think its the weakest lineup to date, probably means it has more of the trendy acts that the kids like, so it may be perceived by the masses as the strongest lineup to date.

And thats not necessarily a bad thing, like I'm not implying that its going to bring a bad crowd or anything. Its just different music than my own preferences. A great friend of mine who I've done a bunch of fests with (including Bear Creak, Aura, Wanee, last years Hula) was not planing to do Hula this year but texted me when the lineup dropped super pumped and saying the lineup changed his mind and he was now going to go. He likes a wide diversity of music (moreso than myself admittedly), but is certainly not someone who leans toward DJ acts, and I trust his musical judgment. So my guess is that there is more gems hiding in that lineup bill waiting to be found.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:19 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Good for the fans and the Park, should it be a sell out or just high attendance! Long live SOSMP!

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:29 am Profile
 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next