Last visit was: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:45 pm It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:45 pm

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Hulaween Lineup 
Wanee Fan

Post Hulaween Lineup

Another year, another amazing lineup. I'm really praying to the ticket gods that I can win some kind of contest because there's no way I can afford to go to Hula after Roots.

Wed May 23, 2018 10:57 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Hulaween Lineup
in the mist of all those bands are some grate americana bluegrass bands. :shock: hum :shock:

Wed May 23, 2018 12:21 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

:? I'm not sure how excited to be. I see some great funk on the lineup, but I'm unfamiliar with half the acts! :| Don't get me wrong, I'd be in with just Cheese and "the artistic portal Spirit Lake", but apparently I'm out of the loop. Hopefully someone will come here and tell me what not to miss... maybe I'll get a new "favorite" out of it. 8-)

Wed May 23, 2018 12:32 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

ArmeDane wrote:
:? I'm not sure how excited to be. I see some great funk on the lineup, but I'm unfamiliar with half the acts! :| Don't get me wrong, I'd be in with just Cheese and "the artistic portal Spirit Lake", but apparently I'm out of the loop. Hopefully someone will come here and tell me what not to miss... maybe I'll get a new "favorite" out of it. 8-)

Second. I literally have never heard of the majority of this lineup. Presumably many of these are electronic/DJ acts, some of that stuff I absolutely love (STS9 is one of my favorite bands), most of it I find uninteresting and move on (most DJ acts). Its a young persons fest, so I won't be all "get off my lawn" about this line. Also, its definitely better than the Wanee lineup. That being said I think the regular lineup (i.e. not including Thursday) is the weakest its ever been for Hula; at the very least it lines up the least with my personal musical preferences.

That being said Thursday is KILLER. Will definitely be attending the pre-party (although will be coming directly from Phish Nashville run so may arrive on the later end. Thursday has a strong possibility of being the best day/night of the festival.

Also I want to echo what Arme said in that I would in 100% all honesty go to this fest even if it was ONLY 3 nights of Cheese and Spirit Lake. Everything else is just gravy.

Wed May 23, 2018 1:44 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Regular Lineup

Can't Miss: SCI, STS9, Larry Keel ; "thats is! that's the list" (in the voice of Tony Kornheiser)

Second Tier: Revivalist, Tipper(heard great things about him but never have actually listened to his stuff), Fake Yonder, Turkuaz

Others I'd make a conscious effort to see: MMW, Wood Brothers, Break Science, Rosevelt Collier, Jamariqioa (I'm intrigued don't know much about them but feel like it could be potential)

Thats a pretty thin list for a festival with as many acts as Hula.

If you include Thursday I would add JRAD, the extra two STS9 sets, Stringdusters, and Ghost Light to the "Can't Miss"; and would add EOTO, Kyle's Band, and Benevento to the "others".

Wed May 23, 2018 1:52 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Now that I've really looked at the lineup, I can pretty much agree it's probably the weakest Hula lineup for artists that I care to see. Biggest draws for me are Cheese and Sound Tribe but after those two there does seem to be a lack of cookie cutter jambands and more dj's. That pre-party is going to absolutely amazing, I would pay a lot of money to just go to that instead

Wed May 23, 2018 4:04 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

well after further thinking its Roots for us. id get into the reasons but why.

Wed May 23, 2018 5:54 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

samantha fish is a hot ticket now and i wanna see the best female blues guitarist around.

Wed May 23, 2018 5:58 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

whole lot of love wrote:
samantha fish is a hot ticket now and i wanna see the best female blues guitarist around.

This is a sad day for blues, guitarists, and females if this is true.

She's a grace potter knockoff wannabe that cant sing and isn't hot. I really don't see how she got any farther than Friday night cover band at the BBQ joint.

Now Keller w/ the Benders... That is going to be friggin epic.

Thu May 24, 2018 1:00 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamiroquai

Oh Gator country

A little bit of that chomp chomp

Thu May 24, 2018 9:00 pm Profile
 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next