Last visit was: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:45 pm It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:45 pm

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Orange Blossom Jamboree 
Wanee Pro

Post Orange Blossom Jamboree
Did any of you make it down to my neck of the woods this past weekend for a very soggy OBJ? I skipped the camping this year since it pretty much rained the entire weekend, but did bounce in & out of the festy (it's only about 10 minutes from my comfortable, dry home).
It's a nice little festival that I always enjoy; a few notes from what I made it out for:
*the main act Friday & Saturday was a couple of reunion shows by COPE. Apparently kicking ass on stage is like riding a bike; they certainly didn't forget how, or it came back very quickly. Enjoyed them greatly, like I always have
*Melody Trucks Band was very enjoyable; they played Thursday night; she stuck around for the weekend & sat in on some songs with a number of others.
*Applebutter Express was great like always
*I enjoyed a couple of acts I've not seen before - Bonnie Blue and Spred the Dub

Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Post Re: Orange Blossom Jamboree
I love OBJ and am sorry I missed the last couple of years. I hope someone got video of Cope and it pops up soon.

Mon May 21, 2018 11:40 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I'll keep my eyes open & post if I see anything.

Mon May 21, 2018 11:51 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Some friends of mine, local (more or less) to OBJ, stopped by. Heard it was good. A bunch less chatter and buzz this year for OBJ on my Facebook, compared to previous years. Perhaps the monsoons dampened people's expectations.

A couple of my Suwanee camp mates went; they RV it, but I haven't even heard from them. Usually someone is posting shenanigans in real time...

I just cannot commit to it, being a tent dweller. I've roasted on the Suwannee, and that was under the tree canopy. Can't imagine getting my field roast on at OBJ, in direct sun.
:shock: :lol:

Mon May 21, 2018 11:59 am Profile
Wanee Pro

There's some woods to tent camp, but it does fill up so if you don't get there early you end up in the field. Also, there's no river to go jump in to cool off (though there is a small stream, which had a decent amount of water flow this weekend). But yeah, I've never camped out there for OBJ - pretty easy choice between sweating on a half-inflated air mattress vs driving 10 minutes to my own bed in my air-conditioned house.

Mon May 21, 2018 3:35 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I'll make it one of these years. This year was not the year. Not really into Cope, and the weather was dismal.

Maybe next year!

Mon May 21, 2018 3:52 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
I'll make it one of these years. This year was not the year. Not really into Cope, and the weather was dismal.

Maybe next year!

Dismal? Heck, it only rained about 80% of the time. The other 20% it was so humid you were wishing it would rain. :shock:

Mon May 21, 2018 4:21 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:

Maybe next year!

Dismal? Dust free. :lol: and the rain kept things cool. Dismal is a state of mind, not a weather condition. Smiling people were dancing in the rain. :mrgreen:

I wasnt a huge COPE fan, but both shows rocked the house. The friday more so than saturday, IMO.

Spread the Dub - Were WAY better than I had guessed by the name. More of a Dropkick Murphy vibe.

Ella Jet and Future Soul - This pretty little girl has a voice that is 3 times her size, and stage presence to compliment it.

Bonnie Blue *owned* the festival. Several people came back to be sure I was rolling video after that show. 'The Alllmans are here in spirit' came up more than once.

Ultimate Zombie Stage show - The Bird Tribe. When a soundcheck is that good....people stay and listen. WOW.
Runner up would be Blue Skye Pipes and Drums. Lovely Ladies playing bagpipes and drums. With a Harp. I tried to video, but it was SO humid it was condensing. Got one tune, looks spoooky with the foggy lens and 'Zombie Monster' stage prop.

""Notable Mention"" :( would go to High Cotton, evidently a WSP tribute band (?!?) that had a guest fiddler Bud Green. The band seemed disjointed, and evidently played a few songs they didnt really know. :lol: Bud Green stole the show, however. He was so bad they had him out of the main PA completely. :? Unfortunately, one could still hear him... so one of the guitarists played the fiddle part LOUD to cover. Bud also had a strong relationship with someone(s?) in the crowd, frequently gesturing and communicating with them. The band looked like they were about done with the BS when Bud finally got a HUGE round of applause from the house at the end of Nocturnal... when he TOSSED HIS FIDDLE. :o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: and broke it. He was done playing then. I can honestly say I dont like WSP any less for the ordeal, however. ;)

I got video of most acts. Soundboards to several, hopefully will get a couple more from Andy. Will post as production proceeds.

Tue May 22, 2018 8:05 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Volkemon, my hero!!

Tue May 22, 2018 10:27 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Volkemon wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:

Maybe next year!

Dismal? Dust free. :lol: and the rain kept things cool. Dismal is a state of mind, not a weather condition. Smiling people were dancing in the rain. :mrgreen:

I wasnt a huge COPE fan, but both shows rocked the house. The friday more so than saturday, IMO.

Spread the Dub - Were WAY better than I had guessed by the name. More of a Dropkick Murphy vibe.

Ella Jet and Future Soul - This pretty little girl has a voice that is 3 times her size, and stage presence to compliment it.

Bonnie Blue *owned* the festival. Several people came back to be sure I was rolling video after that show. 'The Alllmans are here in spirit' came up more than once.

Ultimate Zombie Stage show - The Bird Tribe. When a soundcheck is that good....people stay and listen. WOW.
Runner up would be Blue Skye Pipes and Drums. Lovely Ladies playing bagpipes and drums. With a Harp. I tried to video, but it was SO humid it was condensing. Got one tune, looks spoooky with the foggy lens and 'Zombie Monster' stage prop.

""Notable Mention"" :( would go to High Cotton, evidently a WSP tribute band (?!?) that had a guest fiddler Bud Green. The band seemed disjointed, and evidently played a few songs they didnt really know. :lol: Bud Green stole the show, however. He was so bad they had him out of the main PA completely. :? Unfortunately, one could still hear him... so one of the guitarists played the fiddle part LOUD to cover. Bud also had a strong relationship with someone(s?) in the crowd, frequently gesturing and communicating with them. The band looked like they were about done with the BS when Bud finally got a HUGE round of applause from the house at the end of Nocturnal... when he TOSSED HIS FIDDLE. :o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: and broke it. He was done playing then. I can honestly say I dont like WSP any less for the ordeal, however. ;)

I got video of most acts. Soundboards to several, hopefully will get a couple more from Andy. Will post as production proceeds.

Spread the Dub is from my area. Great band. Tons of fun.

Thanks again for posting videos. Just watched the Main Squeeze from Wanee. Was over at Phil Lesh at the time. Good set. Would like to see them again.

Tue May 22, 2018 3:06 pm Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next