Last visit was: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:34 pm It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:34 pm

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Custard Pie in Stuart - Friday Night 
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Custard Pie in Stuart - Friday Night
A few of us are heading to Terra Fermata on Friday Night to see Custard Pie.
If you are in the area stop on by. Looking forward to seeing their Manager, Kyle.

Oh Gator country

A little bit of that chomp chomp

Tue May 08, 2018 9:15 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Custard Pie in Stuart - Friday Night
Thanks for the heads up. One of these days I will do the 1&1/2 hour drive to checkout this venue... looks good! But I work until 6:00 PM and this Friday someone else is going home early! I will put Terre Fermata on my mailing list.BTW I even find it hard to make it to the Funky Biscuit, only about 45 min from my place! And thanks for the JamCruise post, awesome lineup...The Cleaners, Nth Power, Dragon Smoke (Eric Lindel was ill and couldn’t play at The Peace River Revival) , and Hot Tuna Electric with Steve Kimock would be some of my must see list, but it is way out of my budget! Are you attending? If so, be aware of the boarding process, don’t be stupid!!!

Last edited by eric on Tue May 08, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 08, 2018 9:57 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Terra Fermata is a great little venue.
Yes we are going back on JamCruise, last year was our first and we have a lot of friends that we've met at Wanee on the boat with us. The lineup this year was an awesome treat.

Oh Gator country

A little bit of that chomp chomp

Tue May 08, 2018 11:30 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Lineup is one of the best “fests” of 2017 in mine eyes!

Tue May 08, 2018 12:54 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Hey Eric - Pattie and I drive about the same distance south to Terra Fermata. Been a while though. Funky Biscuit is a cooool place, but ~2 hrs and we have to rent a hotel. :cry: We have to find places to boondock with the camper down there. :lol:

Tue May 08, 2018 3:08 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Volkemon wrote:
We have to find places to boondock with the camper down there. :lol:

Any WalMart parking lot! ;)

Or so I've heard.

Permission might need to be sought... lest you park where a semi-truck wants to unload eighteen wheels worth of mulch at 3am...
:shock:

Tue May 08, 2018 3:36 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:
Volkemon wrote:
We have to find places to boondock with the camper down there. :lol:

Any WalMart parking lot! ;)

Or so I've heard.

Permission might need to be sought... lest you park where a semi-truck wants to unload eighteen wheels worth of mulch at 3am...
:shock:

I wish...

Unfortunately, not ANY Walmart. The company policy (YAAAY!!! ) is superseded by the local laws :evil: ...and (so far..) I have found that anywhere snowbirds may have tried in the past to winter over for free...there are laws against. :(

Like in Stuart...Boca... http://www.walmartlocator.com/no-park-w ... n-florida/

..and thats not complete. I know that St Cloud has an ordinance against, it is posted in the WalMart parking lot. Did not make this list, however.

Cracker barrel and several others are friendly also, subject to the same city/local ordinances overriding them.

Wed May 09, 2018 6:25 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

I talked to our local Walmart manager...a friend of mine. He says technically there is a company wide policy against staying in their parking lots. However, some of the discretion is allowed to the managers...and how many problems they have in their area. Here people stay the night quite a bit.

I know this is not pertinent to your situation....but hope it clarifies their policy a little.

Wed May 09, 2018 9:37 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Volkemon wrote:
I have found that anywhere snowbirds may have tried in the past to winter over for free...there are laws against. :(

Like in Stuart...Boca... http://www.walmartlocator.com/no-park-w ... n-florida/

Huh. I did not know that.

There's a large difference between 'wintering in FL', with snowbirds roaming the state in two week layovers from WalMart to WalMart, and someone doing a single overnight.

I understand the local laws being applied... give 'em an inch, they will take a mile. Here in SoFla, I could see that happening... if a WalMart allowed some RVs, before you know it, there would be a fleet of RVs settled in at their parking lot for the winter, until someone tells them to shove off.

It's probably why the state installed no rest stops on I-95 south of Stuart, all the way past downtown Miami, where I-95 ends. I guess they figure you can stop and rest at the McDs in Lantana or something.
:?

"Welcome to FL! As long as you leave your paychecks, and your daughters, we are happy to see you."

Thus it ever was :|

Wed May 09, 2018 9:47 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Back to the original subject. I'm going! Yay.

Wed May 09, 2018 10:24 am Profile
 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next