Last visit was: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:25 pm It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:25 pm

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Favorite Shows? 
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Re: Favorite Shows?
Riding the rail for Karl Denson's Tiny Universe

Oh Gator country

A little bit of that chomp chomp

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:16 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
So I’ll post my whole list and some other thoughts later but how The Main Squeeze hasn’t been mentioned already is mind boggling.

The Main Squeeze killed. Just killed it.

I think I last saw them ?? must be 5 or 6 years ago, at Tropical Heatwave. They are stellar. Dude has an amazing voice, and the whole band is very high energy. I was glad to catch them... been too long!

~~~~~~~

As of a couple years ago, it dawned on me that every band that plays Wanee offers great tunes and a solid musical experience... it's only a matter of which flavors do you like? More jazzy? Rocking guitar? Gritty blues? Parts of all that, with soul and R&B tossed in? I saw nothing that did not deliver musically. It was all fine... only a matter of what do you feel like, at the moment... this is a Cadillac problem, if I ever heard of it... great job, Wanee!

~~~~~~~

My favorites:

Dark Star Orchestra - a whole mess of tasty deep cuts for us Deadheads, it was a fun and unexpected trip.

Marcus King Band - Marcus is grabbing the jazzy side of what the Allman Bros used to tackle, and doing it with style and ease. BTW-- Marcus is your new, Wanee slutty, guitarist. At least for this year... He stepped it up each time he did a sit in. Kudos, that is no easy task. Maybe if Warren comes back, someone can score the, uhh, scoring between them :lol:

As The Crow Flies - I rag on Chris... I think he's a dick, but man what a voice. This band rocked mightily, and the Crowes catalog of tunes is just so great. I intended to split sets, and did run over for about ten minutes of Pigeons, but at that moment, the vibe from Chris and co. got me running back to the Peach stage... I'll have to give the PPPP guys a real chance some other time. My bad! Nothing they did wrong on their end... "It's not you, it's me..." :D

KDTU, Eatin' Peaches - a perfect closer for the fest. Write this down on paper: Funk & soul dynamo KDTU, doing an Allmans tribute. This makes NO sense. Yet, it was great! MVP goes to guitarist Seth Freeman, who ably brought the needed guitar work for this kind of thing. The different arrangements, and new melodies on tunes like Jessica, were a breath of fresh air. I kept looking around at the crowd at the Mushroom stage... there was so much joy going on with the people during this show.

It gets discussed and argued constantly: What is Wanee to do, without the Allmans? I have pondered it many times myself... As Big Mike said Sunday night: the true Wanee family showed up. The last couple years, I've been buying tix, trusting that whatever acts are announced, it will be a great time with some truly awesome people. I've not been disappointed.

Wanee forever, dudes and dudettes. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:09 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Volkemon wrote:
I have not posted them yet, but others may have posted clips and/or the whole show.

I will be, keep searching 'Wanee 2018' and 'volkemon' on youtube.

The Volkemon coming through clutch with audio/video recordings of all the 'Shroom Stage sets? Is that what I am hearing here ?!?!?

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:52 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Really loved all the late shows in the Mushroom Stage! But seeing the early shows first thing was cool too! Gotta dance to The Yeti Trio!

Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:17 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I posted some more details in a different thread but my favs were:

Pink Talking Fish
Main Squeeze
both Phil and Fam shows
DSO
Pigeons Playing Ping Pong
Panic N2

Probably in that order or at least close to it.

Sun May 06, 2018 5:57 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

eric wrote:
Really loved all the late shows in the Mushroom Stage! But seeing the early shows first thing was cool too! Gotta dance to The Yeti Trio!

I also thought Yeti Trio was quite good

Sun May 06, 2018 5:58 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Volkemon wrote:
I have not posted them yet, but others may have posted clips and/or the whole show.

The Volkemon coming through clutch with audio/video recordings of all the 'Shroom Stage sets? Is that what I am hearing here ?!?!?

Got every show but NMA. Having some problems with my video editor right now, causing a delay. :evil:

Mon May 07, 2018 7:43 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Volkemon wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Volkemon wrote:

Got every show but NMA. Having some problems with my video editor right now, causing a delay. :evil:

I will try to be patient.

That is awesome though! Well done sir!

Mon May 07, 2018 9:06 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Going to YouTube to review Wanee 2018 shows is great, I get to see more closely than live, especially the Peach Stage where I didn’t push up front. It also leads to more suggestions from YouTube as you search!

Mon May 07, 2018 9:58 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

It was not for everyone....
but I liked Walter Trout....

His story alone was worth listening to.

Walter had liver failure....and at the last minute they found a replacement. He was so bad off....he could not walk...he could not talk....he could not play his guitar.
He said he had to relearn all these things.....took him a year to relearn to play the guitar. His story was phenomenal.....luckily he is back in the groove.

Mon May 07, 2018 4:48 pm Profile
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next