Last visit was: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:29 pm It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:29 pm

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Favorite Shows? 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Favorite Shows?
Favorite Shows?

Mine, once again, were mostly at the Mushroom Stage...

Midnight North
Big Something
Pigeons Playing Ping Pong
Chris Robinson Brotherhood

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:29 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Favorite Shows?
both nights of Panic
North Mississippi Allstars
Chris Robinson Brotherhood
Phil Lesh (2nd night)
Soul Rebels
Marcus King
As The Crow Flies
Berry Oakley
Midnight North
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:57 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I liked all of those, but I missed half of Midnight North & Pigeons. My first time seeing Pigeons, and they are an incredibly fun band. Definitely have to be a festival closer under the lights next time.

Honestly, nothing I sat through was short of outstanding, and that includes a couple on Wednesday. Pink Talking Fish was incredible, Luther & his guests did a wonderful job Friday night, and Karl Denson surprised me. Not easy to adequately pay homage to the Brothers, but they delivered. Phil Lesh was awesome. Great band. Far more interesting than Weir's run in '17. Great pair of nights out of WSP too. I dare say, ... Chris Robinson's sets were awesome too.

I get that the lineup didn't suit everyone's fancy, but in my 4 Wanee's, I don't remember such great performances from start to finish.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:59 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

I was pretty much blown away and very excited about each show that I did see but some that really stuck out for me was Marcus King...with every single performance of the weekend.. WOW!!! As the Crow Flies, Pink talking fish, Phil Lesh (Saturday) Dark Star Orchestra. Overall great experience with some great music & awesome Wanee Fam

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:18 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Wed: Ben Sparaco and the New Effect (that kid keeps getting better)
Thursday: Dumpsta (but I missed a lot of Pink Talking Fish)
Friday: CRB and NMA
Sat: As the Crow Flies & Phil Lesh

Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:00 am Profile
Wanee Lover

So I’ll post my whole list and some other thoughts later but how The Main Squeeze hasn’t been mentioned already is mind boggling. I think they were probably the best band there, in terms of top to bottom musical talent of each of the members (**prepares for incoming projectiles from Panic fans for even implying that they aren’t the best band in the world***), and they absolutely killed it as always. The mushroom stage during TMS was easily the most energy I saw from fans anywhere the entire festival.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:27 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Actually most talented isn't the right way to put it, there was tons of talent at Wanee. What I mean is the band that uses each of their individual members talents in the optimal way to make for the most entertaining show.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:54 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I am still sorting out the favorites. :lol: Having the unique opportunity to listen/watch each Mushroom Stage show again, I keep discovering new things. Like..

Yeti Trio. Going in, one of the least anticipated acts I was fixing to see. I have never been impressed. And live... well, it was OK. Mostly lots of confused noise in my ears. Left early. BUT... playing the recording, with volume below 'frog sterilizing' levels, DAMN! These guys are good! Almost Zappa-like. :o Some of the rhythm interplay and melody chases are a joy to listen to. I look forward to them live again to see if I appreciate them more live.

PPPP - I was told here they were great, and they are excellent. Fun to watch, and musically pleasing to listen to. VERY entertaining.

Marcus King - Wow. good show, also on my 'Need to watch a few more times' list.

Karl Denison's Tiny Universe - best show of the Mushroom stage IMO. I agree with MangoMan that TMS was definitely a good show, but the professionalism and sheer talent of Karl's group started them off on a higher plane. Fantastic.

I have yet to listen to TMS at home, along with many others, so opinions may change. We can only listen to 1-2 shows a night after work. It is fun to watch, as I included a lot of crowd in my framing. Neat to watch people you know wander through.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:51 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Volkemon wrote:
I am still sorting out the favorites. :lol: Having the unique opportunity to listen/watch each Mushroom Stage show again, I keep discovering new things. Like..

Yeti Trio. Going in, one of the least anticipated acts I was fixing to see. I have never been impressed. And live... well, it was OK. Mostly lots of confused noise in my ears. Left early. BUT... playing the recording, with volume below 'frog sterilizing' levels, DAMN! These guys are good! Almost Zappa-like. :o Some of the rhythm interplay and melody chases are a joy to listen to. I look forward to them live again to see if I appreciate them more live.

PPPP - I was told here they were great, and they are excellent. Fun to watch, and musically pleasing to listen to. VERY entertaining.

Marcus King - Wow. good show, also on my 'Need to watch a few more times' list.

Karl Denison's Tiny Universe - best show of the Mushroom stage IMO. I agree with MangoMan that TMS was definitely a good show, but the professionalism and sheer talent of Karl's group started them off on a higher plane. Fantastic.

I have yet to listen to TMS at home, along with many others, so opinions may change. We can only listen to 1-2 shows a night after work. It is fun to watch, as I included a lot of crowd in my framing. Neat to watch people you know wander through.

Any of these shows on YouTube yet?

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:51 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I have not posted them yet, but others may have posted clips and/or the whole show.

I will be, keep searching 'Wanee 2018' and 'volkemon' on youtube.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:13 am Profile
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next