Last visit was: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:12 pm It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:12 pm

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Wanee Memories 2018 
Wanee Lover

Post Wanee Memories 2018
Friends and Family:

Another Wanee is in the books, and a good time was had by all.

I have a few memories and personal thoughts that I'd like to share with you'all.

Arrived on Friday afternoon before the start of the festival. Found the park staff busy with the start of the festival already, but the office staff found time for me and got me checked in to Loop 52A. Thank you ladies for all your help!

I visited the camp store and found that they have upped their beer game! Nice selection and reasonable prices, you guys!

However, $9 for a 24 pack of 1/2 liter bottles of water is ridiculous!

Saturday before the SOS/BOS set up Waneetopia, I wandered down to Site 280 to pay my respects to Ron the Lightman... I miss you brother.

Was able to help new RV'ers with a sewer connection issue, got them squared away. Another had moved in beside me in a brand new Class A and could not find any of the controls; again a little helping hand. Also across the loop, another with power issues. Couldn't help them, due to a bad inverter, but they bought a battery and battery charger to get them through.

Tuesday and Wednesday campfire music was amazing, as usual!
As many as 7 guitars and 2 mandolins around the campfire, Magical! And connecting with my chosen family is worth the price of admission! BOS/SOS family still gives the best hugs!

I have a specific memory of little Gage (Tierno's son) playing the rhythm sticks, intently watching Brother Charles play the knee drum, trying to keep time; and Charles being very patient and demonstrative with the young lad. Still brings a tear to my eye... Your a saint, Charles.

Thursday, The SOS/BOS rocked the Meet and Greet! Good eats and drinks was had by all! Thank you everyone!

On Saturday afternoon, was feeling low for some reason after leaving the Mushroom stage. Just as I was walking down the hill, a young fellow was walking up with a "Free Hugs!" sign around his neck... Talk about perfect timing!
A smile and a hug later and the sun came out!
:D

Sunday, as my neighbors were packing and leaving, they left an overstuffed couch and an area rug behind... BOO! Sorry guys, but if you pack it in, you need to pack it out! (I'm kinda hoping the SOSMP sends them a bill for the clean-up).

And I found someone's cell phone at the bottom of a blue garbage barrel on the Loop Road! Turned it into the office.

So here it is, Sunday evening about 10 o'clock. I leave SOSMP early tomorrow for my next jobsite in Memphis TN...

As I reflect back on this past Wanee, again I have to say I had a great time and I am grateful for each and every one of you.

I hope the four winds carry you safely home...
Peace be with you...

Keep On Smilin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBM6Gbi8qTk

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:23 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Wanee Memories 2018
Love to you Brother! oxoxoxoxoxox

Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:21 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Panic Saturday. Looked up during first set and there was a guy dressed like a kangaroo! :lol: :o. Right behind the sound board tent!

Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:45 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Wait... that wasn't a real kangaroo?

This. changes. everything.

:lol:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:53 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

I had such a great time this year and enjoyed every act. I am feeling back to normal today “Wednesday” and I’m ready to start the countdown for next year. Merry Wanee!!

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:36 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Best Costume:
Perfectly outfitted Big Lebowski who has hair the perfect length (had he been growing it for the fest ?). I only saw him from the rear but I hope he had a Caucasian in hand, or at least a pint of half n half.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:45 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

I have a picture of “the dude” but it says The file is too big.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:12 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

If you can be the Dude, Be the DUDE..... I am the Dude and I am still feeling the Wanne Week..... It was Awesome... There are a few pictures of me on Facebook or the Wanee (Fans of the Suwannee) group....

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:15 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

BluesManMax wrote:
If you can be the Dude, Be the DUDE..... I am the Dude and I am still feeling the Wanne Week..... It was Awesome... There are a few pictures of me on Facebook or the Wanee (Fans of the Suwannee) group....

Found the pics! Hope to see you next year ! The dude abides .

Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:34 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Melody Trucks band playing at our campsite until about 6 am

Thursday beach day catching the end of I know you rider from the ferris wheel thursday night. PTF was great

Friday MKB, Phil, and Panic

Sat. Sleeping all day, listening to Phil from my camper, Panic

Getting to spend time with my buddies from all around the country was my fav part

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:02 am Profile
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next