Last visit was: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:11 pm It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:11 pm

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Metal detectors. Hmmmmm 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Metal detectors. Hmmmmm
How would metal wands have prevented bataclan or Ariana or vegas? It wouldn’t you need a nut job scanner. Can you imagine if a volkemon went thru a nut job detector . Better light show than the peach ;)

Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:22 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

It wouldn't have. And no sh&t Sherlock.

It's a deterrent. Just like the cops in full military gear with tactical rifles at the Dead & Co shows (or any number of other large events) I've seen. I don't anticipate witnessing one of those SWAT guys taking out an assailant... and neither do they. Show of force.

If you want an idyllic and utiopian (and completely removed from actual reality) experience, go to Burning Man.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:05 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

My problem with the metal detectors is that they do nothing but provide a false sense of security. Think about how easy it would be if someone with bad intentions really wanted to do harm. There are hundreds or yards unguarded fence line. If someone like the Las Vegas shooter was at Wanee I'm sure they could figure out how to get around the guys with wands at the gates.

All it does is inconvenience the law abiding festival attendees. This was the first year that I had to stand in line for about 10 minutes to get through the gate. I know many will say "it's only 10 minutes", but what did I really get in return? It didn't really make me any safer.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:06 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
It wouldn't have. And no sh&t Sherlock.

It's a deterrent. Just like the cops in full military gear with tactical rifles at the Dead & Co shows (or any number of other large events) I've seen. I don't anticipate witnessing one of those SWAT guys taking out an assailant... and neither do they. Show of force.

If you want an idyllic and utiopian (and completely removed from actual reality) experience, go to Burning Man.

I knew that I should have been to Burning Man by now!

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:27 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

The music “venues” at SOSMP are open when there is no music, like early A.M. , and people will arrive to the park early in the week, plenty of time for us criminals to stash our ????

Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:13 pm Profile
 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3