Last visit was: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:04 pm It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:04 pm

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Opinions on best vendors (esp. food) 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Opinions on best vendors (esp. food)
We bring 99.9% of our food, and rely on vendors for the things we dont do at camp... like pizza. :mrgreen:

Saw two vendors on 'the row' by the peach, and we tried a slice from both. Looked great, and thin crust, my fav. mmMmmm

Amazingly horrible. :shock: It looked So good...but the cheese tasted like it was the cheapest veggie oil crap that can be sold as ""cheese"". It is NOT often I throw away food, much less PIZZA... but wow.

Glad some of you had positive experiences with the food. Good to hear.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:02 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Food vendor prices were out of control this year. Literally almost everything $12-15. The one chinese place selling "hibachi" for $20?!? Get serious.

I survived almost exclusively off the veggie thai peanut noodles again this festival, and they were amazing as always.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:48 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I had the General Box at Asian Sensation (i believe) a couple times. I added the spicy mustard and it was fantastic! It was $12.

Pizza was nothing to write home about (the one in middle facing the peach stage). It's only saving grace was that it was a decent amount of food for $7.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:21 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Volkemon wrote:
We bring 99.9% of our food, and rely on vendors for the things we dont do at camp... like pizza. :mrgreen:

Saw two vendors on 'the row' by the peach, and we tried a slice from both. Looked great, and thin crust, my fav. mmMmmm

Amazingly horrible. :shock: It looked So good...but the cheese tasted like it was the cheapest veggie oil crap that can be sold as ""cheese"". It is NOT often I throw away food, much less PIZZA... but wow.

Glad some of you had positive experiences with the food. Good to hear.

I was bummed about the pizza too. We need better pizza vendors.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:13 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Pizza vendors very disappointing as always. Well I only tried the one , it’s the one that’s always there. I had exactly 6 tickets at the end and pizza was coincidentally 6 tickets and I got a slice that was exceptionally underwhelming and almost no food at all as it was a small slice. I’d have to eat 4 of those for it to be a meal, and I’m not a particularly big eater. They are thin as paper with scant toppings and minimal cheese. Agreed on the pizza vendors needing to step up their games!

Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:20 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Food Truck Wednesday happens every week in my local schools parking lot... yes it’s pricey but it Is becoming more”gourmet” now than ever! Things I might not prepare at the campsite!

Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:23 pm Profile
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3