Last visit was: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:04 pm It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:04 pm

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Opinions on best vendors (esp. food) 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Opinions on best vendors (esp. food)
bdfinfl wrote:
Wonton tacos by the Peach stage exit the pork belly ones are the best food at Wanee hands down...

Agreed! Umami Bites is the name... look for the red truck. All their stuff is killer, though it's kinda spendy for what amounts to an appetizer. But hey; you only live twice! :mrgreen:

The pizza place has something called Black Lemonade... you get a big cup of lemonade, they toss in a mess of fruit: strawberry, blueberries, etc. Really good, and will save yo azz on a hot day. Good stuff, for when you're cycling off the beer.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:04 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Goatacado and Solar Cafe are both tasty & reliable spots, and focus on vegan and vegetarian options. I'm about as far removed from vegan as you can get, but I hit both of these, because they are goood!
:D

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:09 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:
Goatacado and Solar Cafe are both tasty & reliable spots, and focus on vegan and vegetarian options. I'm about as far removed from vegan as you can get, but I hit both of these, because they are goood!
:D

The name Goatacado got me excited for some goat meat, but then... :( :( :x

Just gave me a good idea though.. Bacon Guacamole

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:31 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I don't know if she's still there, but the Australian Lady with the 10 lb gator burrito's were good.

Someone somewhere sells Won Ton Tacos and Potstickers. Not sure what is in it, but it is delicious. Not sure where it is either because I have my kids play waiter for me. Give them a jumpstart on their future. I even leave them a dollar tip and bitch about how long it took. Keep it realistic.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:35 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

nickyler wrote:
The name Goatacado got me excited for some goat meat, but then...

Indeed. But what they do have is real good.

We need a Bahamian food truck to roll up from Miami to Wanee and do goat stew, goat curry, jerk wings... man, that would rock.

I'm bummed that it appears the era of Dave's Donuts at Wanee is over. They were a killer vendor, everything was good.
:|

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:41 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

beach bob, sounds like you know your way around the food vendors, thanks for the tips :) How do you pay, with card or cash?

Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:24 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

LuckyCharm wrote:
beach bob, sounds like you know your way around the food vendors, thanks for the tips :) How do you pay, with card or cash?

Neither! Food & beverage tickets have to be purchased, and you can use cash or credit card (plus a fee) to purchase the ticket sheets. It can be a pain.

The mobile beer carts are cash only. The non-food vendors don't use the tickets of course.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:52 am Profile
Wanee Lover

not sure if they are there again, but southern soul BBQ out of St Simons Island Ga is killer food and really good people.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:25 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Dr.dab wrote:
Markp wrote:
Dr.dab wrote:
Check out The Gouda Boys if they're there. You'll thank me later

The Gouda Boys are listed in the app. Any specific recommendations?

Their stuffed egg rolls (gangsta rolls), it's usually mac and cheese and onions with the choice of chicken,steak,pork.

Gouda Boys sandwiches are awesome (they usually have a late night "ten ticket special" which they just throw an insane amount of all kinds of delicious s#%t on) and their breakfast is killer (although is probably the most unhealthy thing on the planet), but I have to strongly disagree on the Gasta Rolls which I have found very disappointing. So hit up the good Gouda guys but pass on the rolls!. Just one man's advice.

I think my most favorite thing at Wanee, food vendor wise, is the peanut noddles made in that gigantic wok. I think its vegatarian. At Hula last year I'm pretty sure I survived exclusively off of those noodles, and loved every second of it.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:31 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I'm with handsNfeet, I love the noodles. Think I've never had a day at the SoS where I didn't eat them for at least one meal.

Side note on this & the gate gestapo (though this happened at Revival this past October, not at Wanee). Group I was with grabbed some lunch early Saturday afternoon; weren't all that interested in the band that was on stage at the time, so decided to stroll around, check out the jackolanterns & related decorations, which meant going outside the checkpoint. When we tried to come back in, guard wouldn't let my wife come in with her "outside food" - the container of noodles. I replied, "it's not outside food, we bought it IN THERE." HIs response, "yes, but as soon as you took it outside the fence, it became outside food." :evil:

Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:38 pm Profile
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next