Last visit was: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:24 pm It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:24 pm

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Gonna Be A Great Wanee In 2018 
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Post Re: Gonna Be A Great Wanee In 2018
EllenandScott wrote:
We can’t wait to be on the grounds! So pretty. See ya tomorrow

Me too! I'm so excited I can't sleep.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:45 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

AndieBee wrote:
EllenandScott wrote:

When do you arrive AndieBee?

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:55 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

EllenandScott wrote:
AndieBee wrote:
EllenandScott wrote:

When do you arrive AndieBee?

Probably today around 1 pm

Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:20 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Yeah I haven't slept in 2 nights. Guess I'm really excited!
Robb

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:21 am Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

Gonna be 3 long, useless, unproductive days at work this week. I don't leave until Thursday morning. So pumped!

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:29 am Profile
Wanee Lover

NC/Wanee

Thank you for that post! I've been to 6 Wanees. 2008 to 2011 then 15/17. While the music has changed the family that I've made over the last 10yrs has only grown and become closer to my heart & soul! May Wanee live on forever so I can continue to share this magical festival and love of our wanee family with my husband & son and friends who haven't experienced it yet!

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:04 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

NC/Wanee wrote:
Of course Wanee as a festival needs something to keep the youth movement coming, but you old guys and girls are still the most important part of this festival. It's you that created this, its you that carried the spirit to the Suwannee. I have felt it and crave it.
This old guy doesn't want electronics and DJ''s ruining the vibe that is so dear to Wanee. So come on out, listen to some new tunes, visit with your friends, make some new ones and tell the stories. Keep it pure and teach the children well, we are so fortunate to have a festival worthy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is some of you may not know why to go anymore now that your favorite band is no longer represented, but you are actually part of this thing regardless. We as a community are Wanee, there is nothing else close.

It sounds like everyone had a blast. That's great to hear.

I get what you are saying but patrons have every right to speak their mind. I have been to 8 wanee festivals and I want the festival to go on.

I think a big piece of the disappointment is that compared to other LN festivals like the peach the lineup seems cobbled together.

I think people are realizing the spending on the lineup is way down. Let's be honest we know Mule got cut to save money. I have zero doubt in my mind. I personally believe Mule started their tour that same weekend as a FU to livenation for not booking them.

As far as electronic acts and those that appeal to the youth look at 2010-2012 they had a bunch. You are right to some extent and I don't want some crappy EDM and the problems that come with it BUT as a 40 year old I would kill for some STS9, lotus or a similar act.

More importantly there are just tons of great acts that they could bring that are not electronic that would bring a younger crowd.

They absolutely need better curating.

Tue May 01, 2018 11:30 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

funkengroovin wrote:
NC/Wanee wrote:
Of course Wanee as a festival needs something to keep the youth movement coming, but you old guys and girls are still the most important part of this festival. It's you that created this, its you that carried the spirit to the Suwannee. I have felt it and crave it.
This old guy doesn't want electronics and DJ''s ruining the vibe that is so dear to Wanee. So come on out, listen to some new tunes, visit with your friends, make some new ones and tell the stories. Keep it pure and teach the children well, we are so fortunate to have a festival worthy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is some of you may not know why to go anymore now that your favorite band is no longer represented, but you are actually part of this thing regardless. We as a community are Wanee, there is nothing else close.

It sounds like everyone had a blast. That's great to hear.

I get what you are saying but patrons have every right to speak their mind. I have been to 8 wanee festivals and I want the festival to go on.

I think a big piece of the disappointment is that compared to other LN festivals like the peach the lineup seems cobbled together.

I think people are realizing the spending on the lineup is way down. Let's be honest we know Mule got cut to save money. I have zero doubt in my mind. I personally believe Mule started their tour that same weekend as a FU to livenation for not booking them.

As far as electronic acts and those that appeal to the youth look at 2010-2012 they had a bunch. You are right to some extent and I don't want some crappy EDM and the problems that come with it BUT as a 40 year old I would kill for some STS9, lotus or a similar act.

More importantly there are just tons of great acts that they could bring that are not electronic that would bring a younger crowd.

They absolutely need better curating.

this was my first year at wanee, but I have had it on my radar for years and agree with everything you're saying. I think bringing in some jamgrass bands like the infamous stringdusters, billy strings and greensky bluegrass would be nice additions to this festival. others off the top of my head... fruition, anders osborne, new mastersounds to name a few.

Tue May 01, 2018 1:01 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Yes. The lack of grass this year was very upsetting to many vets. I think just about every artist you mentioned has played wanee. Therein lies the disappointment.

Wed May 02, 2018 1:42 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Lotus late night was amazing in 2011

Thu May 03, 2018 8:52 am Profile
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next