Last visit was: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:04 am It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:04 am

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Gonna Be A Great Wanee In 2018 
Wanee Peach

Post Re: Gonna Be A Great Wanee In 2018
SkyDog wrote:
I have been to several Panic shows and still haven't got it. Yes, it good southern rock/jam. But i keep going to shows trying to get it. I have went back and rewatched/listened to last year's show 8-10 times now and feel going back and watching it was a lot better show than i gave it credit for while watching originally.

I have listened to lot of live Panic once I saw that they were playing 2 nights this year. I have started to dig them a lot more and am pretty excited about giving them another shot this year.

Anybody have any shows they recommend to listen to over the next couple days before i head that way?

https://www.panicstream.com/vault/widespread-panic-04282007-orange-beach-al/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDX8PuvzME8

https://www.panicstream.com/vault/widespread-panic-10312015-asheville-nc/

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:18 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Wppusherman1 wrote:
Maybe I am late but I just got the 2018 app.

Until, I saw someone mention the app on the forum, I didn't even know they had this. I like that I can preview the vendors, especially since I was able to confirm that Ozark Mountain Biscuit Co would be back.

I had breakfast every morning there in 2016 right in front of the Mushroom stage, and even a late night snack. Hope they get that same spot again.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:23 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:30 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

First Wanee and looking forward to the 13 hr haul we are making from Arkansas. Music soothes souls. The atmosphere..nice weather..awesome. If you don’t like the line up stay home. Can’t make everyone happy and nobody should try. See ya Specal Person Lot space 39.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:02 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Markp wrote:
Wppusherman1 wrote:
Maybe I am late but I just got the 2018 app.

Until, I saw someone mention the app on the forum, I didn't even know they had this. I like that I can preview the vendors, especially since I was able to confirm that Ozark Mountain Biscuit Co would be back.

I had breakfast every morning there in 2016 right in front of the Mushroom stage, and even a late night snack. Hope they get that same spot again.

Haha, my wife & I were happy this morning to see Ozark back. Great stuff

And I love the original post. This will be a great Wanee. Lineup & schedule isn't above criticism, but it's solid. This is Panic's thing now. That was evident to me even before they doubled up lazy year between Wanee & 420.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:52 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Agree about the magic, it is there. It keeps me coming back.

Now as a complainer about the lineup, I stand by my statements. The lineup is awful this year. Panic isn’t the problem, I agree they are the logical torch bearer for this fest and truthfully probably the only (or at least definitely the main) reason this thing is still even going on. Panic and Phil Lesh are the draws for this years fest, and those are pretty big draws but the rest of the lineup and the dogshit schedule are just so uninspired.

But the magic is there, Wanee will be a great time for those attending, and that’s the important thing. But how long can it sustain with as little inspiration and effort as it appears LN puts into it. I think that’s a big driver of the complaints, some of us are scared it’s being run into the ground and will soon be no more. Let’s hope not.

In the meantime we shall enjoy what we have! Safe travels everyone and happy Wanee!

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:53 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

NC/Wanee wrote:
This isn't the first year I've seen a bunch of complaining about the line up, it's a message board, so of course complainers are gonna complain.
I come to this board mostly for info about Wanee and can count on a few souls here for good scoop.

This years negativity seems off the charts. I told my wife I understand because a festival that was created around the Allmans no longer has Allmans. It's been a tough few years for the band and fan base.

So now it seems the older Crew feels disenchanted with what's left of Wanee, once again I understand. Panic is what got me to my first Wanee several years ago. What we found was a slice of heaven on earth that was beyond what was happening on stage.

For the first time since 1990/91 when camping was no longer available in the venue parking lot of Grateful Dead shows was there a feeling of magic beyond the music.
The community outside those venues doors had a soul, a life, a heartbeat. Several Allmans, Dead, Phish, WSP and festivals were never able to recreate the vibe or overall experience closer to many.

Then there was Wanee, fitting the Allmans fan base and music would be able to somehow catch that magic and put it out there. Being that I was not at the first Wanee or several after I'm not able to speak of when, where or how the magic happened in the festival, but it's there. It was there for us last year, it was there for the new friends that came for the first time and it will be there this year.

Personally I think the line up is fantastic this year. Like it or not WSP is the rein holder of the festival. For those hating on Panic or claiming they shouldn't have 2 nights, all I can say is they are an important piece of the puzzle for Wanee success and Vibe to continue.

Several years ago WSP and Allmans toured together alternating who closed each night. I was surprised and amazed how many "old" Allmans fans had not heard WSP let alone know the music. I'm trying to wrap my head around who and what bands could truly anchor a music festival like Wanee and keep the train going.

It's not Steve Winwood or any of the other names dropped in the complainer threads.
The bottom line is there is a massive hole left for several with the exit of anything Allmans at Wanee. It's understandable that for many souls it seems over for them.
Just like when Jerry died, all of the sudden a few people took a bath, got a job and finally got married or whatever.
For some there was Phish or some WSP and many just held the Allmans dear.

For many of us music is too much a part of our life And community built around music to fade not the sunset.
The point I'm making is Wanee still has the magic. The WSP fa base will support this festival and having Panic headline this event in this region is vital to the future of Wanee. Those of you calling yourselves old don't need old school acts to keep you interested, you just gotta dig into these younger acts keeping the vibe going. These bands and musicians are carrying the torch of pure music and and that spirit that lives in the notes and sounds we crave.it.

Of course Wanee as a festival needs something to keep the youth movement coming, but you old guys and girls are still the most important part of this festival. It's you that created this, its you that carried the spirit to the Suwannee. I have felt it and crave it.
This old guy doesn't want electronics and DJ''s ruining the vibe that is so dear to Wanee. So come on out, listen to some new tunes, visit with your friends, make some new ones and tell the stories. Keep it pure and teach the children well, we are so fortunate to have a festival worthy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is some of you may not know why to go anymore now that your favorite band is no longer represented, but you are actually part of this thing regardless. We as a community are Wanee, there is nothing else close.

This message is the most beautiful post I have ever seen! Love it. Love Wanee!

Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:10 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Provinggroundinc wrote:
First Wanee and looking forward to the 13 hr haul we are making from Arkansas. Music soothes souls. The atmosphere..nice weather..awesome. If you don’t like the line up stay home. Can’t make everyone happy and nobody should try. See ya Specal Person Lot space 39.

You’ll have a blast! The grounds and vibe and music are beautiful!
Do not listen to negative trolls. Scott and I pull 33’ of travel trailer from Chicago for Wanee for the last 4 years. We are 53 years old. It is that special and my favorite!

Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:16 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

One thing: we're all coming!! (Or already there). I mean.... we get it. Bitching is just the minor 10% of the festival we're not happy about. We're all gonna be there. The only thing about wanee we disagree on is the music, and really... who goes to wanee for the music??

In other words. Great post, but your preaching to the choir.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:06 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

We can’t wait to be on the grounds! So pretty. See ya tomorrow

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:30 pm Profile
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next