Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2019 9:41 pm It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 9:41 pm

[ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
 Roots Revival 18' 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Roots Revival 18'
Festival is not for three weeks and they already have a schedule out? How is that possible? One drawback, Oteil is only there Thursday night, and I won't get there until Friday.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:26 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Well now then there then SeaPA. That just gives you three weeks to fix your situation, so you're there for Thursday night, eh?
:twisted: :D

Re: the Roots schedule release... it's like this: Roots is a mom & pop, DIY sort of festival, and it makes do without all of the resources and overhead and money behind it like Live Nation has, and so they just don't have the means to string folks along until thirteen minutes before a fella heads for camp, to release their schedule. That sort of last minute aggravation takes a whole team of folks to point their fingers and shirk their duties and remain undecided about things. Roots just don't have that sort of manpower. So they release the sked when they have it figured out, and *bam* there now it's done.

Sorry if that's just too drama free for ya. Most of us that are veterans of Springfest / Magfest, have gotten used to not being able to get our undies all bunched up over the schedule release.

:)

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:16 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

going to get funky on thursday. ;)

Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:52 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Hope to be headed north this time in two weeks!

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:18 am Profile
Wanee Lover

praying for a cold front 8-) please no repeat of last yrs clam bake

Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:33 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

whole lot of love wrote:
praying for a cold front 8-) please no repeat of last yrs clam bake

yeah last year was nasty ... especially for tent camping ... this will be our first festival with the little camper so if it's too hot at least we'll have ac to sleep with!

Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:54 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Wow! Amazon said that the roof AC for my trailer wouldnt be here until Oct 3 or 4...and it came yesterday. :D

Going to be cooler working on the interior this weekend. 8-) It is going in/on TODAY.

Got some really neat tail lights and reverse lights too. The 4" round red for both the camper and trailer, reverse lights are different between them.

When they are on, it makes a 'mirror tunnel' (left image)

↑↑ these are for the camper, these ↓↓↓ for the trailer.

Trippy...... :lol:

Getting the insulation installed slowly.. cabinet work after that. Not sure how 'done' it will be for roots, but it will haul a cart!! :mrgreen: Grandson will probably sleep in the camper with us anyway.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:59 am Profile
Wanee Fan

if things go well at roots i mat want to stop by and just stare at your lights for awhile!

i'm hoping to get my sliding bedframe built this weekend and then install fridge and maybe some cabinetry ... can't be much because this is a tiny space!

Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:55 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Stop n stare anytime. :D

AC is up, mounted and lacking only a few wirenuts...but Grandma and Grandson got here and BEACH BOUND we were. :) 5 foot waves and 85* water. Still refreshing.

We got to see a turtle nest hatch. Pretty cool. Grandson was fascinated. :mrgreen:

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:43 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Got enough styrofoam insulation in to call this thing a walk-in cooler! :lol: And the AC helps to make it a reality. 8-)

Using PL300 to bond the foam to the fiberglass and aluminum. I want to bond hardboard to the foil faced foam, walls and ceilings. Both non-porus surfaces. Anyone out there know the "best" adhesive to use? I think Liquid Nails would 'eat' through the foam, even with the foil on top. :shock:

* and I think we are WAY off topic.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:36 am Profile
 [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next