Last visit was: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:16 pm It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:16 pm

[ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Roots Revival 18' 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Roots Revival 18'
SeaPA wrote:
Volkemon wrote:
I am here, phone is dead

I texted you from patties phone.

I wouldn't think finding your truck and trailer would be tough, but no luck so far.

We are at hidden woods 2, small disco ball and big flag

We were primitive camping in Hidden Woods, in the trees right where the road in begins. Hope my kids didn't disturb you. :lol:

Well now. Did you stop in and see Andie Bee?

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:13 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Matt, know you are gonna read this, so THANK YOU. You were a lifesaver. Please pass thanks on to John and 'moonshine man' - for some reason i cant remember his name clearly.. :?

PM me some contact info.

Tell Jeff *WOW* . :shock: Did I save his dog or something? :lol: I am still in awe that such an item even exists.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:33 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

well it was great getting to meet volkeman and his family! we plan on getting together sometime outside of sosmp!

thanks volkeman for being persistent in trying to find us!

oh and for the record ... the portapotty worked great!

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:27 am Profile
Wanee Lover

grate weather met a bunch of folks. good times. next up springfest no matter who plays peter rowan with oteils band afterwards were my favorite sets of the weekend. :)

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:34 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

whole lot of love wrote:
grate weather met a bunch of folks. good times. next up springfest no matter who plays peter rowan with oteils band afterwards were my favorite sets of the weekend. :)

There was a lineup on the Roots Pamphlet. I can't remember who exactly, but the usual folks were on there. Nothing really stood out to me when I read it, but there will be additions.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:43 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

yea nickel i read it. i didnt see anyone i'd jump and down about. park seems in need of plumbing improvements. heads backed up fri night and i noticed throughout the park improvements are needed. maybe with all that cash they make next weekend hula they can upgrade. it would suck for those heads to back up again for the mass of humans :o :o

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:30 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

whole lot of love wrote:
park seems in need of plumbing improvements. heads backed up fri night ...

They were just trying to make you nostalgic, putting you in mind of oh, 2004 or so.
:shock: :lol:

Seriously, the whole damn park used to have water shut off for hours upon hours over a fest weekend. But that was the old management, before the next generation started investing in the park.

Dunno what the deal was this weekend; might have just been way bad luck. There was digging going on by the JohnCondo to fix pipes there, and I heard an entire bathroom was closed elsewhere, with a bunch of port-o-lets dropped at that location Saturday to accommodate needs.

My long term experience is that the water and septic systems at the park are much improved, compared to the early 2000s. But there's no telling when something ancient might let go.
:|

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:49 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

2019 Suwannee Spring Reunion
(initial lineup, per the back page of the Roots program)

Donna the Buffalo (acourse!)
Steep Canyon Rangers
Billy Strings
Larry Keel Experience
Grass Is Dead
Town Mountain
John Stickley Trio
The Mammals (!)
Nora Jane Struthers
Pigeon Kings
TKO feat. Duke Bardwell

and these usual suspects~
Rev. Jeff Mosier
Jim Lauderdale
Verlon Thompson
Ralph Roddenberry
Quartermoon
Sloppy Joe

As Nick sez: more acts to be added later.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:07 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Beautiful weather, good music, fun family time. As usual, I'm reading posts and seeing all the people who were there and kicking myself for not searching for them.

I thought I saw Volkemon once....but this guy had a 7 year old boy with him. And we all know how Volke feels about bringing CHILDREN to festivals!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:10 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Yeah, they definitely had some plumbing problems this year. Friday night the Condolet was closed down & they were working on it, and by lunchtime Saturday one of the 2 thrones in the Mens room by the Grand Hall was clogged & inoperable for the remainder of the weekend.
They did have more portolets down in that area (slightly past the Grand Hall on River Road).

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:31 pm Profile
 [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next