Last visit was: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:19 pm It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:19 pm

[ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Wanee vs. Peach. 
Wanee Veteran

Post Wanee vs. Peach.
Not sure anyone can elaborate but I am sincerely interested to know why the Peach lineup is so much better. I was under the impression the two festivals were cut from the same cloth.

The peach lineup is deeper, has so much to offer and crazy enough the tickets are actually cheaper. They offer a true 4 day festival for $175, which is $45 cheaper. I get that's the "early bird" but they are still available. They also are on a phase 1 lineup which blows wanee straight out of the water. Quite frankly wanee is a two day festival with a half assed Thursday lineup.

Sad to say but our group of regulars and my family will be boycotting the Wanee festival until they decide to get their act together. Their ticket prices are too high for the talent they bring.

Unfortunately I feel they think just because they have a devoted following they can cheapen the lineup and get away with it.

As all the 2018 lineups drop it is becoming more and more evident that the believe the legacy attendees will pay out the rear end for a mediocre lineup.

I will be at brainquility or sweetwater that weekend. I already scheduled off of work and everything so I am going to go enjoy another festival. Something told us to wait on tickets this year. Over it.

Beyond disappointed with the powers that be.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:05 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Wanee vs. Peach.
Hopefully doing both this year. Wanee, I camp and the vibes are so good. Peach, I commute from offsite, and crowd much younger than Wanee, so the lineup will get me there again(I hope)... not the venue. Don’t get me wrong, the mountains are beautiful, but I dig the Spirit!!!

Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:02 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Yeah I've heard the camping at Peach is not perfect. I would love to go and I'd love that wanee was still what it used to be. But the more I look at the lineup and the cost versus other festivals out there I'm really starting to realize they are shortchanging their clientele.

I'm extremely disappointed with how small the lineup has got. Looking at past lineups it is extremely evident that they are spending far less on the lineup.

The group of people that we usually go with and friends that we usually meet up with is probably 15 to 20 people and all of them have come to the same consensus. We are just not going to continue to support the festival when they are not going to deliver us a solid lineup. The peach announced 41 bands and thus is just phase 1. It turns my stomach their tickets are cheaper.

I'm actually very interested to see how the schedule looks this year because quite frankly with what they've announced so far I don't see how they can have three days of continuous music the lineup is just not deep enough. 25 bands for 3 days of music and a preparty. It's borderline insulting.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:02 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I am very interested in going to the Peach. I have been disappointed in the amount of music at Wanee and now that there is no/little ABB connection, well.... The line up at the Peach makes me what to travel very far and stay in a motel! oxoxoxo

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:19 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

atlanta hippie wrote:
I am very interested in going to the Peach. I have been disappointed in the amount of music at Wanee and now that there is no/little ABB connection, well.... The line up at the Peach makes me what to travel very far and stay in a motel! oxoxoxo

This makes me so sad. Unfortunately people need to speak with their wallets. I will go back wanee if and when they deliver a reasonable product.

Livenation listen up.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:23 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Going to both this year! Wanee friends and vibes Peach a rock n roll jam 8-) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:53 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Dartdog82 wrote:
Going to both this year! Wanee friends and vibes Peach a rock n roll jam 8-) :D

I can appreciate why one would go for the friends. I am sure it will still be a good time.

The peach lineup is so stacked. Really interested to see who they add.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:50 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

We will be a both also. Peach is a whole lot closer for us and the line is just what you said. Wanee is our spring vacation...

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:55 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Are the kids coming this year ETR?
Missed 'em last year....Disney just doesn't have the same attraction it used to.....

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:17 am Profile
Wanee Lover

funkengroovin wrote:
Not sure anyone can elaborate but I am sincerely interested to know why the Peach lineup is so much better. I was under the impression the two festivals were cut from the same cloth.

The peach lineup is deeper, has so much to offer and crazy enough the tickets are actually cheaper. They offer a true 4 day festival for $175, which is $45 cheaper. I get that's the "early bird" but they are still available. They also are on a phase 1 lineup which blows wanee straight out of the water. Quite frankly wanee is a two day festival with a half assed Thursday lineup.

Sad to say but our group of regulars and my family will be boycotting the Wanee festival until they decide to get their act together. Their ticket prices are too high for the talent they bring.

Unfortunately I feel they think just because they have a devoted following they can cheapen the lineup and get away with it.

As all the 2018 lineups drop it is becoming more and more evident that the believe the legacy attendees will pay out the rear end for a mediocre lineup.

I will be at brainquility or sweetwater that weekend. I already scheduled off of work and everything so I am going to go enjoy another festival. Something told us to wait on tickets this year. Over it.

Beyond disappointed with the powers that be.

I can’t really disagree with anything said in this post. But the festival has one thing that none of the others ones mentioned above have, the SoSMP. I think this lineup is very disappointing, and it is indeed a 2 day fest. But the SoSMP is literally my favorite place on earth so I will likely be there. I mean I would almost always take a mediocre lineup at soSMP over essentially anything at a festival literally in the heart of downtown ATL.

Calling a spade a spade, LN checked out on this festival over half a decade ago. I’ve had many posts on here over the last few years about the long term sustainability of Wanee, so I won’t belabor it again here with too many details. But at this point I think that by far the most feasible two options for the fest are 1) it ceases to exist fairly soon, or 2) it falls into a low-mid range draw niche fest with very little progression/ new and exciting things from year to year. I’ve come to terms with those being the two most likely options, and if I am correct I certainly hope for the latter, and likely will continue to go. Is Ln doing a poor job with the fest- IMO yes; is it overpriced-probably; do I still have a great time every time I go-absolutely; and do I get $200+ dollars worth of fun out of it-certainly.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:08 pm Profile
 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next