Last visit was: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:14 am It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:14 am

[ 9 posts ] 
 Sunshine MF St Pete Questions 
Wanee Veteran

Post Sunshine MF St Pete Questions
Looking forward to Saturday and had a couple questions that I could not find in the faq:

Can you bring in your own food and or snacks?

Should we expect a long line to get in?

How far is the parking lot from the entrance?

Mainly wondering because we are bringing our 3 year old and trying to plan accordingly...

Thanks all.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:40 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: Sunshine MF St Pete Questions
Hiya
Ive been there a few times.....
1. I dont know if you can bring snacks. I know for sure you cant bring beer because i remember hiding two in my chair bag getting in once. Im not a food guy, but im pretty sure you can have a small cooler. Again, im just going by very vague memory i could be wrong. If you have kids, i cant imagine them being dicks about it. There are lots of vendors though to buy stuff. The usual junk food fare.......
2. No lines ever. Worst case scenario a minute or two wait if there a few ahead of you.
3. Parking. Lol. There is a parking garage about a 8 to 10 minute walk. The venue is in a residential neighborhood. If you invest time driving around you could find a spot, but you still might have to walk for 10 minutes anyways. Theres always a chance if your persistant some guy could pull out a block away, but its pure luck.

Its a very pretty area and a great neighborhood. You could fing the downtown parking garage, then turn around, drop off the wife and kids and park. Theres a nice park right there where you and kids can wait if you dont wanna walk with kids. On the north end, theres a dogpark where you can wait.
Eric

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:34 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Bringing food for your kid, that should be no problem. Re: food for the parents, if you squirrel away some Ziplocks with munchies, that is probably okay. Interestingly, the FAQ is silent on bringing in food. I really doubt you can bring in a cooler though.

Parking is indeed the biggest problem. Last year I stayed in a downtown hotel, and took the city trolley to the fest. Which still meant a half mile walk from the nearest trolley stop, to the fest gate. I spied close parking for $20 or so, directly west of the gate a few blocks; I'm springing for that this time.

Bring your stroller for sure! :D

The only line will be before the gates open... I have friends who get on line early so they can place chairs in the prime spots... otherwise, no line to speak of.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:08 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Have a funkengroovin time!!!

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:18 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Thats right theres a trolley that comes around. If you get into the municipal garage, take a leisurely stroll to the grounds. Its a nice interesting walk. St pete is floridas best kept secret

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:50 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

dress appropriately ;) could be chilly

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:19 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Thejainhand wrote:
Thats right theres a trolley that comes around. If you get into the municipal garage, take a leisurely stroll to the grounds. Its a nice interesting walk. St pete is floridas best kept secret

Way to blow the secret, pal!! St. Pete is only a secret because it is new. Not the city, just the fact that it actually has something to offer. St. Pete used to be a S#!t Hole. Now it is an awesome city.

Funkengroovin. If you dont go too crazy with the food and tell them that it is for your kid you will be fine. The lines getting in are not too bad. The lines for the bathroom around dusk can get a bit long. So can the food lines around normal dinner hours. Beer lines are a breeze, but they ran out of Good beer a couple years ago. Parking is what they all said before. Lots to see on the walk between the garage and the venue, even a public bathroom.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:25 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

whole lot of love wrote:
dress appropriately ;) could be chilly

Indeed.

High 57, low 44 forecasted for St Pete. :shock:

Just gotta bring the snuggy clothes. :idea:

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:50 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Thanks for all the tips. We are looking forward. Was hoping for a little warmer day but I am sure there will be plenty of Sunshine :D

Super pumped for the lineup and even more excited that I just scored tickets for TTB and JJ grey in Chicago on 1/25 I got super lucky and my job is sending me to chi-town that week. My hotel is practically next to Chicago theater. Going to be an awesome 2 weeks.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:12 am Profile
 [ 9 posts ]