Last visit was: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:20 pm It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:20 pm

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Spring Reunion? 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Spring Reunion?
beach bob wrote:
Rivernole wrote:
Is anyone planning to go?

A definite maybe from me.

As The Dude says: This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's. And uh, a lot of, uh, strands to keep in my head, man. A lot of strands in ol' Duder's head.

The Dead & Co. reschedule is eating absence days for No. 1 Son, which he wouldn't have had, if the original show dates from last weekend had happened. Water over the dam now, but it does affect other events, first quarter of 2018. For some reason, to get his degree, the U pretty much expects that he shows up for class. Go figure! :D

My usual lakeside gang will be there... we discussed camping with no fest in October, before the first Roots Revival was announced. So 'terrible' fest or no, there's an incentive in my crew, to just go set up the tents, and make with the big fire, and the burning of the Peeps in merciless fashion, and to make with the merry.

Terrible is kinda strong. I'd go with 'seen it all before'... and that's kind of what I expect the artist roster to be. There seems to be not much curating going on now, finding those cool emerging rootsy acts...

Time will tell. As per usual. :P

Mind If I do a J?

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:56 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I don't mind, but not in the open, please. Keep it on the DL.

Despite what some people seem to think, there is no constitutional right to puff at the ol' SOSMP.
8-)

Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:10 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Some good news I'd say, Facebook page says they will be releasing some of the lineup before the new year. Also I saw they're selling for 260$ a ticket to Spring Reunioun and Roots, which is a pretty damn good deal considering some of the cheapest tickets and a car pass for hulaween are right around 300$

Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:
I don't mind, but not in the open, please. Keep it on the DL.

Despite what some people seem to think, there is no constitutional right to puff at the ol' SOSMP.
8-)

I tried having that conversation with a guy who worked there. Fully taking the same side as you. Nobody wants to have their camp ransacked by the po po, but there is such a thing as asking for it. He seemed to think the place was Dope Disneyland. I was like, dude Im all for legalizing it, but until then... DL.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:26 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Volkemon wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
nickyler wrote:

One thing I do like though, is that if they are going to throw a terrible festival, at least they priced it accordingly. $120 isn't too bad. But $120 also tells me that it won't be very good either. Ya git wutchya pay fer.

I will gladly waste the $30-$40 in ticket increase to make sure that it is worth my attention.

.....$120 is not peanuts for a festival with a low caliber lineup......

I agree with Nick. :o :shock: $120 for 4 days at the park is cheap. With music. 'peanuts' if you will.

To camp (w/e) at the park next weekend 3 days, 2 nights with 4 tix to the light parade... and a cart rental... $160. Plus plus...

I think WANEE is a great deal for the same reason. $500 for tix, prolly only drop $1500 by the time its done, and thats cause I camp primitive. Thats 10 days of fun for both of us.

My enjoyment level has far exceeded my costs for any festival I have ever been to at SoSMP (really any fest anywhere with perhaps the exception of a Roo) so I’m not saying it’s not worth it. I just don’t think there should be an assumption that it’s ok to put out a subpar lineup just cause the festival is $120, and my example was meant to highlight that it’s possible to put together a quality lineup even if it’s a very low cost to attend festival.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:27 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

My enjoyment level has far exceeded my costs for any festival I have ever been to at SoSMP .... so I’m not saying it’s not worth it. I just don’t think there should be an assumption that it’s ok to put out a subpar lineup just cause the festival is $120, and my example was meant to highlight that it’s possible to put together a quality lineup even if it’s a very low cost to attend festival.

Totally agree!

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:41 am Profile
Wanee Lover

all you need a couple high quality bands to make a fest really good. at roots the wood brothers show was one of the best shows ive ever seen at the park. the band i would pick center piece for spring reunion would be the del mccourey band

Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:44 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

nickyler wrote:
I tried having that conversation with a guy who worked there. Fully taking the same side as you.

I figured that 8-)

I think I better not say any more. I got some stories... best told in person :)

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:59 am Profile
Wanee Lover

could always head out for the bender fest in las vegas. 8-) puffing there does not matter anymore.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:48 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Huh. Stuff starting to make sense now.

I was looking at that Bender Jamboree, and wondering why in the hell anyone would go to that hellhole (Vegas) for a lineup that is so NOT suited to glitz and neon and expensive hookers. Similar lineups can be had at other fests in much more pretty surroundings; e.g., Delfest.

Aside it being convenient for left coasters... You've just supplied the first clue ...

But I should mind my own biz, I guess, and let people have their fun :? ...

Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:49 pm Profile
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next