Last visit was: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:22 am It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:22 am

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Spring Reunion? 
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Spring Reunion?
Got a message tickets are on sale.....

but no mention of bands...
Is anyone planning to go?

I think if Randy and Judy continue on the path to another bluegrass festival....one or both will soon fail. We want some diversity of music and different bands...rather than the same old same old..............or that is my opinion.....and I am sticking to it!

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:59 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Spring Reunion?
new homepage :) http://suwanneespringreunion.com/

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:17 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Rivernole wrote:

I think if Randy and Judy continue on the path to another bluegrass festival....one or both will soon fail. We want some diversity of music and different bands...rather than the same old same old..............or that is my opinion.....and I am sticking to it!

I share your opinion. This is the first pre-lineup Springfest that I am considering skipping. It is just too much hassle to go all the way to suwanee for That. One thing I do like though, is that if they are going to throw a terrible festival, at least they priced it accordingly. $120 isn't too bad. But $120 also tells me that it won't be very good either. Ya git wutchya pay fer.

I will gladly waste the $30-$40 in ticket increase to make sure that it is worth my attention.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:57 am Profile
Wanee Lover

nickyler wrote:
Rivernole wrote:

I share your opinion. This is the first pre-lineup Springfest that I am considering skipping. It is just too much hassle to go all the way to suwanee for That. One thing I do like though, is that if they are going to throw a terrible festival, at least they priced it accordingly. $120 isn't too bad. But $120 also tells me that it won't be very good either. Ya git wutchya pay fer.

I will gladly waste the $30-$40 in ticket increase to make sure that it is worth my attention.

$120 is not peanuts for a festival with a low caliber lineup. Hell I think aiken Bluegrass Festival was like $60 last year and the lineup was , IMO, unquestionably better than the Spring Fest lineups have been. Granted it’s a smaller scale and not at SoSMP but still.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:57 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
nickyler wrote:

One thing I do like though, is that if they are going to throw a terrible festival, at least they priced it accordingly. $120 isn't too bad. But $120 also tells me that it won't be very good either. Ya git wutchya pay fer.

.....$120 is not peanuts for a festival with a low caliber lineup......

I agree with Nick. :o :shock: $120 for 4 days at the park is cheap. With music. 'peanuts' if you will.

To camp (w/e) at the park next weekend 3 days, 2 nights with 4 tix to the light parade... and a cart rental... $160. Plus plus...

I think WANEE is a great deal for the same reason. $500 for tix, prolly only drop $1500 by the time its done, and thats cause I camp primitive. Thats 10 days of fun for both of us.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:34 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

i had a grate time last fall roots. i did not hear any complaints about roots like i heard from my friends that went to hula. speaking of that anyone know who stole my friends yamaha acoustic guitar at hula?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:54 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

We will be there regardless! Bring on the Suwannee!

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:17 am Profile
Wanee Fan

whole lot of love wrote:
speaking of that anyone know who stole my friends yamaha acoustic guitar at hula?
It was probably one of the thousands of teenagers in attendance.

Ideally, you should be able to leave your valuables out in public without them disappearing. Realistically though, it's not the most responsible thing to do. Larger festivals, with mainstream acts, draw John Q public. You may be able to get away with leaving your guitar sitting around at Roots, or Springfest, but trying to do so at Bonnaroo is somewhat foolish.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:25 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

With no Anastasia fest happening next year I'm praying we might actually get a decent lineup. I want the fest/s to do good but waiting to release a lineup til just a couple months before, coupled with it not being a good new lineup is really pushing these fests farther from being some of the top bluegrass/Folk fests in the country to not even being in the discussion.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:36 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Rivernole wrote:

A definite maybe from me.

As The Dude says: This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's. And uh, a lot of, uh, strands to keep in my head, man. A lot of strands in ol' Duder's head.

The Dead & Co. reschedule is eating absence days for No. 1 Son, which he wouldn't have had, if the original show dates from last weekend had happened. Water over the dam now, but it does affect other events, first quarter of 2018. For some reason, to get his degree, the U pretty much expects that he shows up for class. Go figure! :D

My usual lakeside gang will be there... we discussed camping with no fest in October, before the first Roots Revival was announced. So 'terrible' fest or no, there's an incentive in my crew, to just go set up the tents, and make with the big fire, and the burning of the Peeps in merciless fashion, and to make with the merry.

Terrible is kinda strong. I'd go with 'seen it all before'... and that's kind of what I expect the artist roster to be. There seems to be not much curating going on now, finding those cool emerging rootsy acts...

Time will tell. As per usual. :P

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:39 pm Profile
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next