Last visit was: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:08 am It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:08 am

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 florida dead and company run 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: florida dead and company run
funkengroovin wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Thank you both for the tips!

I am someone who Ubers all the time (like multiple times a week), but I've not had luck with Uber at mass populated events. Was thinking about reserving a car with driver if I can't find a hotel in walking distance. I don't mess around with the drinking and driving thing, so I'd rather pay up for the convenience. Anyone ever rent a car/driver for a show? I've done a party bus with big groups before, but there's only 4 of us so a party bus would be quite exessive and unnecessary.

Good news on the Orlando and potential walk. Which street is the pre/post street party on?

Honestly if you are good with arriving a little early and possibly staying out late you should have no issue with uber. You may have trouble immediately outside the venue right after the show but of you hang out and grab a drink or a bite to eat and hit the street party getting an uber won't issue.

The party is on Church Street right outside amway. Supposed to be a shakedown there too.

There will be a lot going on in the area that night. Grass is dead is also playing down the street. I would just walk or uber if you don't have a curfew. :D

https://www.facebook.com/events/141228963212558/?ti=as

I have done this many times. Check Uber and laugh. Check again in an hour and laugh again. It is cheaper to go to a bar and keep drinking and let the Uber price come down.

As a side note, sort of, The Amway center is not an easy place to drink at. The bar lines are long and they will stop serving not long after the headliner comes on. For any show. Leaving there shitfaced requires teamwork, sneaking in booze, or a hell of a pre-show buzz.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:35 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

doing the dead night sober. 8-) i'll catch up at spring reunion

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:04 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

whole lot of love wrote:
doing the dead night sober. 8-) i'll catch up at spring reunion

Oh good, you can drive my friends and I!

Haha

Good news on the block party, may help thin out the crowd so an uber is actually obtainable. Thank all!

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:56 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Mango - sent you a PM just now...

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:00 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I just found out my friends can't make it to the Sunrise show, Doctor's orders. :cry:

So I'm trying get some of their money back and bringing their tickets with me. If anyone needs affordable seats, these are in section 309, row 6... and they're willing to eat the Ticketmaster charges! 8-)

Oddly enough, the Dr. encouraged her to go to the show here at home, but out of town was out of the question.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:03 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

ArmeDane, you should have no problem selling those tix on lot, if nobody here wants them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEADS UP! AFTER PARTIES!! (& etc.)

Y'all not on the Face of Books might not know about this stuff... so!

On Monday after Dead & Co. at Sunrise, LauderAle is throwing an after party... with my favorite Dead tribute (and beyond!) band Crazy Fingers. LauderAle is due east of the BB&T arena, about 15min. or so. Roll east on I-595 all the way to its east end, take the ramp to Port Everglades, keep on the left. After the flyover, you'll be at a stoplight looking directly at the Port gate entry. Make a left there, which reverses your course back to the west... go like that for about 500ft., make a right at the next intersection (light at SE 14th Ave), and the joint is on your left about 200 feet up. It looks gritty, but they've made a nice party oasis in what's decidedly an industrial area. Music starts at 11:30pm, open till 3am, bring your dancing shoes!

Orlando Dead & Co:
Pre- and post shows with Unlimited Devotion, on Church Street. Street party! WOO! Can't go wrong there. Also, there's an after party at The Social with Grass is Dead (this is where I'll be). Social is on Orange Ave, a block east of the Amway Center and two blocks north. Both the Social and the Church Street stuff is walking distance from the Amway Center. Heads up from the Grass is Dead fellas today sez that tix are going fast, so get 'em ahead of time if ya gotta be there.

Safe travels, and Mayer troubles be few :mrgreen:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:17 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

beach bob wrote:
Mayer troubles be few

Hey...I saw what you did there bob.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:52 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

bob ought to be waking up soon :( :shock: how about a review of the s florida show?

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:11 am Profile
Wanee Fan

whole lot of love wrote:
bob ought to be waking up soon :( :shock: how about a review of the s florida show?

Well first off let me just say I wasn't expecting there to be a full shakedown like there was in the lots so that was pretty cool. Musically it was a great a show, lots of jamming and they play off of each other WAY better than when I remember listening to their 2015/16 shows. Maybe I'm just being picky but the second set didn't have the energy of the first set which is kind of strange but if you see the setlist you'll understand. Also they did go on pretty early and me and at least a thousand other people didn't get through the doors til 3 songs into the first set. Also wish the venue wasn't so packed because I had 0 dancing room for pretty much the whole night

But I still had a great night and would go see them again (Highlights for me were Deal and Eyes of the World)

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:24 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Band sounded great. Set list was just OK. Not sure if it was a bit more somber in light of the Parkland shootings or not.

Bob & Oteil wore maroon "MSDSTRONG" shirts at the open. By the end of the night, all six were wearing them. Definitely a nice nod to the victims & the community.

Shakedown Street, Deal, Eyes, Throwing Stones, Touch of Grey (encore) were the highlights. Several good jams. A couple snoozers that I could skip live.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:51 am Profile
 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next