Last visit was: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:31 pm It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:31 pm

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 florida dead and company run 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: florida dead and company run
Geez they couldnt throw us a bone and play on the weekend? Woulda been nice to hit up both, will probably try to do Orlando still though

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:50 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Geez they couldn't throw us a bone and play on the weekend?

No.

Not unless you wanted to wait until May or so. And even that might not have been doable.

Ya gotta figure that the makeups needed to be done soon, and per everyone's schedules... don't forget Mayer the Slayer has his own solo career going. So that meant the most logical thing was February, near the Mexico trip dates. I looked up Amway Ctr last Wed, all they had open on their calendar for Feb was Mon-Tue dates. It's not ideal for any of us, but I kinda figured it would go this way.

The only plus I have, is that my bucket 'o' vacation days refills at the start of 2018. By any other metric, it kinda stinks... except that they *are* making up the shows, and 'we' have been hollering for FL Dead&Co shows for two years.

Gotta find that silver lining...

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:41 am Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Geez they couldn't throw us a bone and play on the weekend?

No.

Not unless you wanted to wait until May or so. And even that might not have been doable.

Ya gotta figure that the makeups needed to be done soon, and per everyone's schedules... don't forget Mayer the Slayer has his own solo career going. So that meant the most logical thing was February, near the Mexico trip dates. I looked up Amway Ctr last Wed, all they had open on their calendar for Feb was Mon-Tue dates. It's not ideal for any of us, but I kinda figured it would go this way.

The only plus I have, is that my bucket 'o' vacation days refills at the start of 2018. By any other metric, it kinda stinks... except that they *are* making up the shows, and 'we' have been hollering for FL Dead&Co shows for two years.

Gotta find that silver lining...

Oh definitely. I wasn’t trying to be a Grumpy Gus. I’m actually quite excited about the reschedule and am happy I make at least one (which is better than the original schedule for me).

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:01 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I could swear it was your turn to be Grumpy Gus?

My schedule is off...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's to making the shows we can make!

Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:50 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

looks like we are in for a double header. ;) mayer & company then grass is dead at the social. what a night ahead

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:05 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Turns out I will be going to both!

Friends coming down from Ohio, making a long weekend out of it. Anyone ever been to those venues? Was hoping to grab hotels within walking distance. Looks like Sunrise has a Hilton thats walking distance (says >1mile but looks like about 1/2 that to the lot), its obviously booked but my fiancé is Hilton Diamond Rewards member which means she can booked even when the hotel is full. So we could grab a room there, but its like $700 which is crazy so we won't do. Tons of places in Orlando still available close by, but I don't know what the area is like (safe to walk/sidewalks/safe part of town/etc).

Looking forward to my first dead and co shows!

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:00 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Mango --

Re: hotels: I suggest finding what you can that you can afford, and Uber for both locations, if you'll be imbibing. I have never found reasonably priced hotels near the Amway Center (ORL)... and as BB&T is on the edge of the Everglades, there aren't many close hotels there either. Two by my count.

I don't really know about hoofing around downtown ORL, I know some areas are sketchy, but not which areas exactly. I think between the Amway and the street party on Church Street, and on up to the Social ... all that should be okay.

The BB&T is in suburbia, so you can walk anywhere without too much worry. Nobody walks though; it's suburbia :D

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:15 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Turns out I will be going to both!

Friends coming down from Ohio, making a long weekend out of it. Anyone ever been to those venues? Was hoping to grab hotels within walking distance. Looks like Sunrise has a Hilton thats walking distance (says >1mile but looks like about 1/2 that to the lot), its obviously booked but my fiancé is Hilton Diamond Rewards member which means she can booked even when the hotel is full. So we could grab a room there, but its like $700 which is crazy so we won't do. Tons of places in Orlando still available close by, but I don't know what the area is like (safe to walk/sidewalks/safe part of town/etc).

Looking forward to my first dead and co shows!

Most of the areas around downtown orlando are relatively safe. There is a street party before and after the show with a dead cover band so not much to worry about, going to be people everywhere. Most any hotel downtown will be safe and walkable. Orlando has tons of bars and restaurants and is quite busy into late night.

If you have any questions hit me up. I live in Orlando and will be at the show too.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:28 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Thank you both for the tips!

I am someone who Ubers all the time (like multiple times a week), but I've not had luck with Uber at mass populated events. Was thinking about reserving a car with driver if I can't find a hotel in walking distance. I don't mess around with the drinking and driving thing, so I'd rather pay up for the convenience. Anyone ever rent a car/driver for a show? I've done a party bus with big groups before, but there's only 4 of us so a party bus would be quite exessive and unnecessary.

Good news on the Orlando and potential walk. Which street is the pre/post street party on?

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:27 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Thank you both for the tips!

I am someone who Ubers all the time (like multiple times a week), but I've not had luck with Uber at mass populated events. Was thinking about reserving a car with driver if I can't find a hotel in walking distance. I don't mess around with the drinking and driving thing, so I'd rather pay up for the convenience. Anyone ever rent a car/driver for a show? I've done a party bus with big groups before, but there's only 4 of us so a party bus would be quite exessive and unnecessary.

Good news on the Orlando and potential walk. Which street is the pre/post street party on?

Honestly if you are good with arriving a little early and possibly staying out late you should have no issue with uber. You may have trouble immediately outside the venue right after the show but of you hang out and grab a drink or a bite to eat and hit the street party getting an uber won't issue.

The party is on Church Street right outside amway. Supposed to be a shakedown there too.

There will be a lot going on in the area that night. Grass is dead is also playing down the street. I would just walk or uber if you don't have a curfew. :D

https://www.facebook.com/events/141228963212558/?ti=as

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:08 pm Profile
 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next