Last visit was: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:47 am It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:47 am

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Wanee Weather forecast 
Wanee Fan

Post Wanee Weather forecast
Here's the Live Oak forecast for Wanee Week. I'll update it every few days so we can all laugh about how much it changes. (Source: Accuweather)

Sun 83/61 - Afternoon t-storm
Mon 85/50 - Mostly cloudy with a shower
Tue 83/59 - A t-storm in the afternoon
Wed 83/61 - Times of clouds and sun
Thu 85/54 - Afternoon t-storms
Fri 82/50 - Sunny
Sat 81/55 - Mostly sunny

Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:20 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: Wanee Weather forecast
I would love mid to low 70's and partly cloudy all week

Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:35 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

It can't be Wanee....without a rain!

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:41 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Rivernole wrote:
It can't be Wanee....without a rain!

This is a comment I don't understand.

I've been going to SOSMP each year in March and October, since the early 2000s. April (Wanee) was added to that in 2012... and yeah, it rained like hell at Wanee 2012. But since 2013, there has been nearly no rain when I've been to the park. There was about a two year run in there, when NO RAIN was seen at all.

Maybe it's me, but I don't count ten minute showers, 2 or 3 times in a day. That ain't rain in my book... just a somewhat annoying thing. The Sunday night rain we got for Spring Reunion three days ago, lasted for three hours, and was very much the exception to the last five years.

Back in the day, at Springfest, we had entire fests where Mr Sun was not seen hardly at all, and wetness was the norm. But it's been years since I have seen anything resembling that.

[Of course, with this post I probably just jinxed the favorable recent experience for everyone. Sorry about that! :mrgreen:]

None of the above obviates the need to Be Prepared. :idea:

I don't know what Wanee some of you have been going to... I ain't been getting rained on, at the one I go to.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:55 am Profile
Wanee Fan

I think it was 2014 when it rained so much water came up out of the ground at the mushroom stage.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:46 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Probably so; I am certainly capable of mis-remebering things... or not remembering them at all :lol:

Speaking of the Mushroom Stage... at Spring Reunion, my flabber was gasted, by what I saw there on Thursday: Actual grass, in the low areas adjoining the concrete slab. I couldn't believe my eyes. WHAT IS THAT GREEN STUFF??

:lol:

Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:59 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I'd take (some) rain over some of the heat we've had ... like last year. Think it was mid-90's each afternoon.

It definitely rained rather hard one afternoon in '15. Think it was during a Haynes set. I wasn't there, but somewhere around 2012 Warren had a set cut short due to rain+lightning.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:21 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

It has rained several years at Wanee....bbob is discombobulated ....

One year they pumped water from the "shroom for 2 days before the festie.....just so they could use it.
One year it rained so hard and so much they had to close some of the roads behind the lake....I know, I was there. We had to move out site. Tony woke up the next morning with 6 inches or so of water IN his tent.
One year Warren had to stop his set in the middle of a song.....and the next year came out and continued the set from that point on....
One year...it rained almost the entire ABB set.....mud was abundant down the walking paths....I had to pick a drunk chick up out of the mud and have her sit in my chair (while her boyfriend? husband? stood and talked to his friends). She had totally passed out.
Yepp...it has rained at Wanee.....just so you know.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:30 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Last year was about as perfect of weather a you could hope for. I believe Saturday was the only day that got into the 80's, every other day it was mid 70's. Had some nice clouds and breeze everyday.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:52 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Best case Wanee weather scenario, brief showers in the overnight hours once the bands are done...just enough to reduce the dust clouds.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:22 pm Profile
 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next