Last visit was: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:34 pm It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:34 pm

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 DSO Revolution Live 
Wanee Fan

Post DSO Revolution Live
Saw this pop up on Facebook, I’ll be there. Hoping if there’s a decent turn out Revolution will start trying to book more jam acts so I never have to go to back to the culture room.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:18 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: DSO Revolution Live
I saw this also, looks like a good time. Never been to the venue, but sounds like you like it. :)

Wonder how much tix are..

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:20 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Volkemon wrote:
I saw this also, looks like a good time. Never been to the venue, but sounds like you like it. :)

Wonder how much tix are..

The venue is nice and spacious, but it almost sounds like this event is going on in the parking lot (They’ve had EDM “fests” setup in the parking lot before) . I did some digging, early bird tickets are 25$ so probably close to 40 bucks after fees and 10$ gets you to the “afterparty” with Crazy Fingers inside Revolution

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:26 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Hadn't seen the Crazy Fingers after party show, but will definitely go. Good venue. Outdoor space is a bit weird, but a great time of year for outside.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:58 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Thanks for the insight! Might be a good trip to go on.

Looks like there is a VIP for ~$85 - Whats is the Stache that one gets access to?

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:14 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Dr.dab wrote:
Hoping ... Revolution will start trying to book more jam acts so I never have to go to back to the culture room.

People have been hoping for this, for ten years now :D

SEE YA THERE CON LOS MUERTOS!! :mrgreen:

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:14 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

BTW, Revolution confirmed on Facebook that it will be an outside / parking lot party. Which works for me.

Volke et al, Revolution is a sprawling club monstrosity. The main room is two levels, a big stage with a sunken dance floor, bars at back & side. Excellent room with good view to the stage nearly anywhere, and a killer sound system. Only down side is when they oversell the room (which they tend to do almost every time I go :? ).

Then there's America's Backyard, which is a sort of back porch outdoor venue adjacent the main building. It *used* to be great, nice and open, but some years ago, they dropped a giant oval bar smack in the middle, which ate up about half of the floor area, and wrecked sight-lines to the stage. That stupid bar causes massive body pileups, as people try to negotiate between watching the show, and trying to get a drink or take a piss. Dumb dumb DUMB! :x

Finally, Stache is a relatively cozy bar accessible from the street on the east side of the building.

SO! For DSO, who pulls a good number of SoFla jam fans (as will Galactic), the outdoor parking lot thing is gonna be just fine. Y'all should come on down! Dress as your favorite dearly departed crazy uncle; it's a Day of the Dead party after all.
:ugeek:

Last edited by beach bob on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:26 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Hey Bob... got a place Pattie and I can park the camper?

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:27 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Oof, sorry but I do not have camper parking. They barely allow my two cars at my place! :lol:

You might want to be closer to the venue than WPB anyhow. It's a solid hour drive south to Revolution, for me.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:29 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:
Oof, sorry but I do not have camper parking. They barely allow my two cars at my place! :lol:

You might want to be closer to the venue than WPB anyhow. It's a solid hour drive south to Revolution, for me.

Not sure why I thought you lived in Ft Lauterdale... oh well.

We tried to find places to camp for any of the boca shows, but no luck. If anyone else has a spot that we can park.. :D

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:39 am Profile
 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next