Last visit was: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:18 pm It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:18 pm

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Hulaween 2018 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Hulaween 2018

Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:38 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Love ZD. He's not even on the Hula lineup is he?

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:23 am Profile
Wanee Fan

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:

I think he's just a local guy that knows a good cause. I don't remember who was in it, but there was a pre hulaween hurricane benefit last year too.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:34 am Profile
Wanee Lover

ArmeDane wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:

I think he's just a local guy that knows a good cause. I don't remember who was in it, but there was a pre hulaween hurricane benefit last year too.

Yeah my understanding is he is a FL guy. Which makes it disappointing that I haven't gotten to see him at a SoSMP fest in a long time. When I first started going it seemed like he was at every festival, now its been years since I've seen him.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:11 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

If anyone comes across an extra ticket, please let me know... I have some friends that procrastinate way too much!

Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:31 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Can't believe now one has come back here to post yet.

I'll come back later and post more about the fest (which was awesome as always), but I mainly came in tonight to post about how I f!*ked up and left the SCI halloween set early before what appeared to be a ridiculous encore.

I mean its on me for leaving a Cheese set early, Cheese is amazing, but for at least the last 3-4 years of Hula the Halloween set has easily been my least favorite set of theirs for the entire festival, and this was no different. Ann Wilson's abrasive, aggressive, piercing, ear drum rupture inducing voice (and more importantly lack of any REAL CHEESE during the set) was enough to push be over the edge to leave during Politician. But I was fighting it out..... until she stayed on stage after Politician ended. My friends and I were all way over it at that point (and I literally turned to them and said "I'm cool to leave, they're just going to play Barracuda anyways", which they of course did and we dipped out. It was a great choice in terms of the regular halloween set, but then they came out and played THAT encore. Goddamnit!

Oh well, you win some you lose some. I will say that Cheese needs to def mix it up and stop having their halloween set being a guest laden monstrosity of mass popularity songs. Get weird, do some cool s#%t, keep it CHEESY! Although in all fairness this year was better than most of the turds they have laid for that set in the previous few years (2014 was the last great Halloween set they had, 2016 was good too but the others, a BIG MEH) #unpopularopinionbutabsolutetruth

I just don't understand it, they do such cool things with their setlists and improvs during "normal" sets but just fall so short with the halloween sets. After they played "Signed Sealed Delivered, I'm Yours" two years in a row for the encore I was officially out. They need to keep with their identify during those sets, like how ridiculous would it have been if they segued from Proud Mary into Bumping Real with Hartswick staying on stage to tear it up on Trumpet? Or Killing me Softly straight into the dark dank awesomeness that is Howard? Just so disappointing.

Anyways,I'm rambling. And all in all it was an AWESOME festival as always. Will be back later for more (and it will be positive I swear)!

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:30 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

FWIW, Cap'n Brian has been posting a crapton of Hulaween pics on the Facebook.

I didn't go; we were on the other end of the country for another festy ... 8-)

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:39 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Brian & Shelly's photos were incredible. Some of the art installations were stellar! Do you know if any of the larger pieces will be left in the park on permanent display? It's kind of fun discovering them.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:45 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Dunno about anything else, but the new witch doctor wood sculpture is staying. I think it's gonna affect my camp mate's setup for the spring reunion festival. He's across the road from the lake monster.
8-)

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:54 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Spirit Lake was amazing as always. Several of those giant wooden “lake monsters” now, feel like at minimum they should leave those as permanent fixtures.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:19 am Profile
 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3