Last visit was: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:38 pm It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:38 pm

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 As The Crow Flies? 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: As The Crow Flies?
I would not count on anything black crow related. Chris Robinson literally just shot down any hope of playing Black Crowes tunes much less any sort of reunion.

From an interview this past Friday:
“But that isn’t to say I’m not proud of the music we made as the Crowes,” Robinson said. “Those are some very good songs, and the time will come when I want to sing them again. But for now, I just want to follow the path I’m on.”

I don't think there is any relation between the two.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:38 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

We went through this with that Brothers & Sisters band last year...
:?

Scuttlebutt on the Facebook is saying it could be a Phil and Chris mashup. Also of note: Chris cannot use the Crowes name, and he can't play certain Black Crowes tunes. Legal Obligations, you know. The CRB backed Phil at the Lock'n fest this summer. Also, Luther did some time with the Crowes. So any speculation involving the guys in the the top tiers, are as likely as any other 'what-if'. It's like they all know each other.
:idea:

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:43 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

beach bob wrote:
We went through this with that Brothers & Sisters band last year...
:?

Scuttlebutt on the Facebook is saying it could be a Phil and Chris mashup. Also of note: Chris cannot use the Crowes name, and he can't play certain Black Crowes tunes. Legal Obligations, you know. The CRB backed Phil at the Lock'n fest this summer. Also, Luther did some time with the Crowes. So any speculation involving the guys in the the top tiers, are as likely as any other 'what-if'. It's like they all know each other.
:idea:

Rich's band Magpie Salute plays mostly Crowes songs.

Chris is such a stubborn SOB I think that he just won't play the Crowes songs.

Only time will tell.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:13 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

funkengroovin wrote:
Rich's band Magpie Salute plays mostly Crowes songs.

Yeah, I'm aware of them. I missed their local gig a couple weeks ago cuz I was exhausted / sort of still ill.
:x :x :x

Chris is a turd and on my sh!t list, after that BS calling out John Mayer, when Chris is just as guilty of getting a paycheck off the Grateful Dead legacy as anyone. I'll go hear the CRB if they play a fest I'm already going to anyways... like Wanee 8-) :P :twisted:

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:22 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

When Sting retired from wrestling he formed this band with other retired wrestlers. Lead Singer Sting, Lead Guitar Junkyard Dog, Bass Honkeytonk Man, Drums Undertaker

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:33 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

frenchiejess wrote:
beach bob wrote:
Good sleuthing, Jess!

Not my sleuthing. All credit goes to Jim (who occasionally pokes his head in around here, but whose username I don't remember ;) )

'Tis I, and PGator is correct, that post is from the South Carolina "As The Crow Flies". As opposed to the Bozeman, MT "As the Crow Flies", or the Taunton, Somerset, England "As the Crow Flies"...

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:12 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I'm guessing it's something with Warren Haynes, based solely off the fact that it's Warren Haynes and I suspected his name at that spot on the bill.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:47 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I sure hope so it want be Wanee without Warren.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:54 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I found three As the Crow Flies bands. A hard rock / heavy blues duo from Bozeman, MT, a Bluegrass band from Greenville SC (already said they aren't going to be there), and a Jam Band from Victoria BC.

"As the Crow Flies" is a song by Rory Gallagher that was covered by Joe Bonamassa. It is also a song title from: the TV show Nashville, Newsted (former Metallica bass player's band), David Gray, Amos Lee, and others.

I doubt any of that helps, but I am still curious.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:08 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

What a damn mystery at the top of the charts...... :?

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:11 pm Profile
 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next