Last visit was: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:53 am It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:53 am

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Wanee "MOMENTS" 
Wanee Lover

Post Wanee "MOMENTS"
Hey Ya'll , Some of you know me and some of you don't , but wer'e all in the same when it comes to Wanee.

I was listening to MULE from Wanee ,I think it was 08 , I know it was the show when MULE played a full set on fri when Gregg was sick and could't make the fest.
Well this is where I get to the "Moment" I know ya'll have had them at shows when everything is perfect, perfect weather , perfect people around you ,perfect buzz going and then you here the opening chords of one of your favorite tunes , Yeah you know what im talking about, I thought we cold share are "MOMENTS from Wanee here,

Well one of mine was when Mule started their encore and I heard the opening to Cortez, it was one of the heavier versions that MULE does,That opening riff that cut me in 2 and made me smile from ear to ear , there was a lite fog in the air , Im talking goose bump city here , Warren just ripped through that song like he was possesed , the ending was incredible ,"he came dancin cross the water, dancin cross the water , cortez , cortez.Every time I hear that show it just takes right back to that area in front of the stage. Well it was a "Moment" one that confirms why you do this thing , travel , camp , get dirty , not take a shower for days, you know what im talking about :P :lol: :P

My name is Kevin and im a Waneeaholic , thanks for letting me share

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:51 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Wanee "MOMENTS"
Yeah Kev dont you just love those MOMENTS. I know I do. I believe it was WANEE 2010 also with the MULE. Emily and I were just a dancing and having a good time, and I had been wanting a Soulshine all night.The MULE was about done and we decided to make a mad dash for the bathrooms before they left stage. We made 2 steps away from the rail and all of a sudden I heard the opening of Soulshine that they played for encore. We stopped dead in our tracks and held each other close and danced some more. Nothing better than that feeling. Man it was good. Thanks for this thread Kev great idea.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:42 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

psssttt Kev....there really are showerhouses out there if you look for them....

My moment came on a friday night, after a long day of Wanee bliss, I was getting down with my favorite band.
Having grown up on the stuff, my hair was standing up on end as I heard them under the stars in such a wonderful place.
Well, the jams were getting heady when all of a sudden the volume just exploded!
Bada-dumpbump...bada-dumpbump......The spanish lady had come to me! I got on the bus, that's when it all began!
Furthur was tearing up The Other One as it rolled into Lovelight!
I laid on the grass and went began doing a Dead sno-angel!!!!

......then Fran kicked me, woke me up, and told me to quit dreaming so much about Wanee!!!!!
I realized then, that yes, I can predict the future.

My name is Bob, and I am a Waneeholic.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:12 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Don't be Fooled
It Only takes 1 Sip

Hello my name is Bob and I'm a Waneeholic.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:52 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Mule set 2010, When they start up with One of These Days --> Fearless you know it's going to be a mind blower.

My moment was throughout Sad and Deep as You. Kofi absolutely melted me. I was pooled in a puddle around my sandals. I had goose bumps from beginning to end. Thought my nipples were going to break off - just WOW! :D

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:21 am Profile
Wanee Lover

hugginthetreehugger wrote:
Mule set 2010, When they start up with One of These Days --> Fearless you know it's going to be a mind blower.

My moment was throughout Sad and Deep as You. Kofi absolutely melted me. I was pooled in a puddle around my sandals. I had goose bumps from beginning to end. Thought my nipples were going to break off - just WOW! :D

Good memories for me too!
Makes me smile just thinking about it...
:D

Keep On Smilin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBM6Gbi8qTk

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:28 am Profile
Wanee Lover

wayyy too many wow "moments"...

ABB,Mule,,so many bands that took me "there" at any moment in time at the park....
even when we drive INTO the park gives me "the moment" feel.

waking up in the park......

walking by Festyman.....

seeing hammocks at the Mush stage...

Dreams by ABB...Cortez by Mule,,DTB,,,Susan,,, and so many more songs and bands bring chills on the first few notes.

Wanee is magic moments !!

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:44 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

^^^AMEN TO THAT^^^

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:51 am Profile
Wanee Fan

I've known the feeling yall have been speaking of in your posts. Wanee is an event filled with beautiful moments, however, I've had my fair shair of "odd" moments where nothing but confusion takes over(especially in a certain frame of mine). I recall this particular incident at Wanee 07', toward the end of the ABB set either friday or saturday night. The crowds were all on their way to the shroom stage when an older gentleman walks up to my friends and I with a dirty yellow care-bear blanket in hand. He looks down on us and says to my friend, "Does this belong to your girlfriend? Maybe he's your girlfriend? Or maybe he is?" Pointing to us all in succesion. My friends and I could do nothing but give eachother puzzled looks with a mix of awe and fear. The man simply left the blanket on the ground beside us and walked off. None of us would touch the blanket for some reason, I suppose we thought it was tainted somehow. Weird stuff. Anybody else have any more Wanee Oddities they would like to share?

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:27 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

One of mine was in 10 - JJ Grey when he started singing Lochloosa, Man that was good. Another was in 11 - Rusted Root I was front row could have reached out and touched Liz, Incredible. Agaain in 11 setting eay back on the hill entering the main stage, not far from the vendors, watching Panic. There is no way to describe the vibe of that night!!!

Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:02 pm Profile
 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next