Last visit was: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:17 am It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:17 am

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hidden Woods 
Wanee Veteran

Post Hidden Woods
Was surprised (and somewhat disappointed) when we got there to find that they've cleared out a lot where we've alsways set up camp - in the primitive area in/around the Hidden Woods. It's now turned it into water/electric RV sites. They might want to consider changing the name, because it's no longer very hidden & there ain't much woods.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:50 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Hidden Woods
It's all about the benjamins...
:|

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:29 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Yep. I'm sure at the bigger festivals they'll get rented & pay off for the park. For Roots, it looked like only one of the new sites had been paid for.
I did notice that some of those further in were being somewhat utilized by tent campers who pulled all the way in past the sites, to the edge of the remaining woods, and set up their tents in the trees (utilizing the cleared out spots for parking their vehicles).

Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:15 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

There certainly wasn't a space problem for Roots. In particular, lots of prime real estate between Chugpoint Charlie and the lake went unused, save for the reserved spots right against the road. A whole big shady area, but nobody there... odd. Maybe it was the first time for a bunch of peeps, who thought there might be too much craziness that close to the action? :?:

I dunno. Many of the changes at the park are welcome (by me, anyways)... it's easy to forget things such as back in the 2004-ish era, the lake bathroom would go a day, sometimes two days, without water. The park is now run better than it used to be; the thanks goes to the new generation of Cornetts, who instituted better management, and introduced a vision of making the place better for the patrons. In most ways, that's been a success. In some ways, like amenities targeted for VIP, it's money spent on stuff the average schmoe is not able to access or use.

I try to follow the edict of 'Live it, or live with it'... and not sweat the minor things. The trick in that is: one must assess the Thing as Actually Being Minor, in the first place :lol:

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:33 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

I heard bulldozers run for two solid days....clearing new sites from the woods.
Contrary to Bbob....I hate that they are ruining the park. The trees and the ambience make the place.....soon it will all be w/e sites....and no to few trees. Enough is enough.....but hey....that is just me.....and what am I....but a patron.
I noticed that the Hidden Woods are no longer hidden! Sad.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:36 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

SeaPA wrote:
It's now turned it into water/electric RV sites. They might want to consider changing the name, because it's no longer very hidden & there ain't much woods.

That spot, just up the road from the playground (near the beginning of "Spook Trail", which connects to Membership Camping) is going to become cabins. I'm not sure if that's better or worse, but they'll block off access from that side and keep those woods hidden behind the paid sites on River Rd.

The new stuff they've been clearing is on the NW side of this map and is called the "Air Strip". They must have named it that, because there's nothing left on the ground out there except air! :|

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:10 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

The rumor mill has it......
they are eventually going to build another stage out at the air strip area....
TBA....

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:30 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

i still cant figure out where the airstrip is going to be :idea: i thought that was private property behind where they use to keep the ostrich?

Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:53 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Look at the map....behind the 80 Acres locale.......which is behind the hidden woods.....

whole lot of love wrote:
i still cant figure out where the airstrip is going to be :idea: i thought that was private property behind where they use to keep the ostrich?

They are still pushing up property back there......

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:04 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I need to take a tour next time I'm up there. All these areas y'all are discussing, are like Cambodia to me. Never been near them... certainly not in a long time...
:?: :?: :?: :?

Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:03 pm Profile
 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next