Last visit was: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:43 pm It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:43 pm

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Wanee 2018 Lineup 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Wanee 2018 Lineup
If WSP is in for two nights for Wanee (and there is ZERO reason to think this, based on anything related to 420), I might finally take the plunge and hang with Rivernole at his camp 8-) ... maybe I'll bring my gee-tar and play some tunes. That'll confuse folks! :lol:

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:27 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
If WSP is in for two nights for Wanee (and there is ZERO reason to think this, based on anything related to 420), I might finally take the plunge and hang with Rivernole at his camp 8-) ... maybe I'll bring my gee-tar and play some tunes. That'll confuse folks! :lol:

You think there's zero reason to think WSP will plan two nights at Wanee? Isn't past behavior the best predictor of future behavior? IMO it's WSP's fest until proven otherwise. For the record I'm fine with that. Now as I've been saying for many years I do hope they expand their lineup some and don't just do the "same old thing" but I certainly don't anticipate any major changes to their formula. Regardless, I'm just glad Wanee continues on. I plan to make it this year. For some reason I have only been able to do Wanee about every other year. In the past 6 years I've missed 3 for: Wedding, Bachelor party, pchelor oarty. My friends are apparently not very Wanee conscious. This year is back to my "on" year!

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:27 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

With TTB being in the area that weekend i am betting they will finally make the trip to Wanee. Would love Sturgill to make the trip over as well!

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:40 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

The refreshments are on me bbob.....

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:41 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
You think there's zero reason to think WSP will plan two nights at Wanee? Isn't past behavior the best predictor of future behavior?

Either you misread what I wrote, or my writin' ain't too clear :P

I was just saying (since it was asked here, at least twice yesterday!) that the 420 lineup announcement has no bearing on what Wanee will do. Well, *almost* no bearing.

There's a four day window of dates between 420 and Wanee, and any band could play either, or both. Heck, Panic played three nights over the two fests in 2017. And there were a LOT of dumb festival attendees that could not figure out this simple math.

I was only making a comment on Panic's Wannee appearance, as it related to what 420 announced. Nothing more. I agree that Wanee is one of Panic's anchor fests now, and I would be very surprised if they don't play Wanee 2018. The fest needs a few big names. Allmans are done, and there's only so many jambands that can pull in the admits.

Glad your making the Wanee this next time! It's annoying when real life gets in the way of our favorite festivals ... went through that this past spring myself :)

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:45 am Profile
Wanee Lover

the radiators are working on a new cd. hope they follow up with a tour

Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:50 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Last year, Butch's passing came after the line up was set so there was not a lot of room to build a line up that acted as a tribute (although the Freight Train Band, Les Brers, and others did a great job). I would be very disappointed with Wanee if a tribute to Gregg and the ABB as a whole was not part of this year's line up. For those who were at the 2008 fest, when Gregg was ill, the Wanee Family Jam closed the Peach on Saturday. If they can get the TTB, Mule, Jaimoe, Devon (hopefully with Duane Betts), Oteil & his new band (not Dead & Co, but the one on his new disc), Les Bros, Scott Sharrard and the Brickyard Band, etc. all there for a Peach Stage tribute that would be amazing. That is what I am hoping for.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:08 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

PGator wrote:
Last year, Butch's passing came after the line up was set so there was not a lot of room to build a line up that acted as a tribute (although the Freight Train Band, Les Brers, and others did a great job). I would be very disappointed with Wanee if a tribute to Gregg and the ABB as a whole was not part of this year's line up. For those who were at the 2008 fest, when Gregg was ill, the Wanee Family Jam closed the Peach on Saturday. If they can get the TTB, Mule, Jaimoe, Devon (hopefully with Duane Betts), Oteil & his new band (not Dead & Co, but the one on his new disc), Les Bros, Scott Sharrard and the Brickyard Band, etc. all there for a Peach Stage tribute that would be amazing. That is what I am hoping for.

Great suggestion!!!! They did it at The Peach Festival in Pennsylvania August 2017. Timing was everything..... I would like to see it at Wanee 2018 !

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:21 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

PGator yes! that would be GREAT!

waneewaneewanee

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:42 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
You think there's zero reason to think WSP will plan two nights at Wanee? Isn't past behavior the best predictor of future behavior?

Either you misread what I wrote, or my writin' ain't too clear :P

I was just saying (since it was asked here, at least twice yesterday!) that the 420 lineup announcement has no bearing on what Wanee will do. Well, *almost* no bearing.

There's a four day window of dates between 420 and Wanee, and any band could play either, or both. Heck, Panic played three nights over the two fests in 2017. And there were a LOT of dumb festival attendees that could not figure out this simple math.

I was only making a comment on Panic's Wannee appearance, as it related to what 420 announced. Nothing more. I agree that Wanee is one of Panic's anchor fests now, and I would be very surprised if they don't play Wanee 2018. The fest needs a few big names. Allmans are done, and there's only so many jambands that can pull in the admits.

Glad your making the Wanee this next time! It's annoying when real life gets in the way of our favorite festivals ... went through that this past spring myself :)

Oh gotcha! May hve misinterpretted your post. I agree that the 420 announcement has little bearing inn Wanee. In the past I would say it would mean that all the 420 Fest bands would not be to Wanee due to no-complete clauses but for whatever reason that doesn't seem to be the case between these two fests.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:06 pm Profile
 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next