Last visit was: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:10 am It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:10 am

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Hulaween Schedule Announced 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Hulaween Schedule Announced
I'm not saying it's a fake sell out.

I'm pretty sure that the Blossom Michael Stanley attendance records, actually were actual admit records. It's just that no other band had the same chance.

I am only saying (along with others here) that Hulaween lowered the total admits, knowing that they sold more tix in 2016 than the 2017 ceiling, and so what they expected to happen, did. It's not even really unethical.

But a week away... what's the point of trumpeting about a sellout? It's long range marketing. Next year, folks will remember the thing sold out. It will probably translate into better early sales, next time around.

Assuming they don't move it to Oklahoma, or wherever :lol:

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:22 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
I'm not saying it's a fake sell out.

I'm pretty sure that the Blossom Michael Stanley attendance records, actually were actual admit records. It's just that no other band had the same chance.

I am only saying (along with others here) that Hulaween lowered the total admits, knowing that they sold more tix in 2016 than the 2017 ceiling, and so what they expected to happen, did. It's not even really unethical.

But a week away... what's the point of trumpeting about a sellout? It's long range marketing. Next year, folks will remember the thing sold out. It will probably translate into better early sales, next time around.

Assuming they don't move it to Oklahoma, or wherever :lol:

Sounds like some conspiracy theory s#%t there. Ok, not that extreme. I understand marketing, but I'm going to choose to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they limited tickets to a reasonable number in which they could still make a lot of money on the fest but still provide the best experience for all attendants. I choose to look at life that way, at least for things ive had positive experiences with in the past. And even if that wasn't there intention, it is exactly what happened as they clearly COULD have sold more tickets (as evidenced by a sell out) , and keeping the numbers reasonable will benefit all attendees.

Anyways, a win for all and I'm sure as hell looking forward to another amazing fest.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:54 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Sounds like some conspiracy theory s#%t there. Ok, not that extreme. I understand marketing, but I'm going to choose to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they limited tickets to a reasonable number in which they could still make a lot of money on the fest but still provide the best experience for all attendants.

What conspiracy?

It's pretty well established that Hula lowered the total admits. They did that, and sold all of the tix. REREAD what I have been saying which is 1) none of that is unethical, and 2) when what was expected to happen, happened ... it was publicized. Thus my original comment: it's marketing. Which it is. I don't see anything wrong with any of it. There is no nefarious intent on the producer's part in any of it, that I can see.

A sell out, doesn't change anything for the guy who already has his tix: he's going; he's in. Nor to the guy who isn't planning on going. It's only an issue for those on the fence at the last minute... sucks to be them. They are SOL, unless they luck out on Cash or Trade ...

I agree that less Hula admits will make for a better experience for all. There's such a thing as too many people at SOSMP. I saw that at Wanee 2012, when Further played. THAT was crazy; I couldn't hardly find my way in to the mushroom stage, until I figured out the landmarks of the lighted inflatables hung in the trees. Crazy. :P

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:09 am Profile
Wanee Fan

I got your back there, B-Bob. I see no hint of conspiracy or amoral behavior mentioned in your posts...

At the last Hulaween I attended, there were decidedly too many admits, which at times led me to experience that "cattle chute" feeling... Where you know where ya want to go - but you can't until the crowd thins out enough to allow it. Muy uncomfortable.

Here's hoping that the limited ticket volume will restore some sense of balance for this year's attendees... Have fun, yall!

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Lover

freebo wrote:
I got your back there, B-Bob. I see no hint of conspiracy or amoral behavior mentioned in your posts...

At the last Hulaween I attended, there were decidedly too many admits, which at times led me to experience that "cattle chute" feeling... Where you know where ya want to go - but you can't until the crowd thins out enough to allow it. Muy uncomfortable.

Here's hoping that the limited ticket volume will restore some sense of balance for this year's attendees... Have fun, yall!

Was that two years ago? I felt that way at time two years ago, but last year with the restrictions in car camping and the additional Patch Stage I didn't feel that way at all. I anticipate this year will be more like 2016 than 2015 in that regard.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:11 am Profile
Wanee Lover

no doubt if you take away the cars theyll be more space :shock:

Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:46 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Since I hear it's a sellout, :roll: is anyone else going early to secure a spot?

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:52 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

ArmeDane wrote:
Since I hear it's a sellout, :roll: is anyone else going early to secure a spot?

Only necessary if you have a specific place you like to camp, otherwise there is plenty of space for primitive camping. They've even cleared out a new area for primitive called the Air Strip which looks to be as big as 80 Acres Camping (Lots E & F to Wanee folk). The park owner, James Cornett, has recently been quoted as saying at some point they could have the space to accommodate many more than the self-imposed 20K Hula cap.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:55 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Yeah...and they are pushing up new areas every day. Soon...it might be like a big parking lot.....
Hidden Woods are no longer Hidden.
From my spot I can see back into the back lots.....
Most every day at Roots...I heard a big Cat pushing up more area.
And I hate it. They are doing it for the money....I prefer the ambience of the park.....Looks like I'm gonna lose.....

Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:51 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Was that two years ago? I felt that way at time two years ago, but last year with the restrictions in car camping and the additional Patch Stage I didn't feel that way at all.

Yes... Freebo is talking about two years ago. That was the last time he and I went to Hula.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:52 pm Profile
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next