Last visit was: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:50 pm It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:50 pm

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Hulaween Schedule Announced 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Hulaween Schedule Announced
Dr.dab wrote:
Also read this the highest selling year in the history of SOSMP

They announced at time of on sale the number of tickets they were going to sell. I believe I remember it being less than I had anticipated.

Also, is this the first time a SOSMP festival has sold out? I'm not sure about those country ones but my guess would be this is a first for the park.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:14 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Did they not say the limit was set at 20,000 for the park?
Or did i dream that number up?
I do remember someone saying there was a limit to the number that could attend.

I heard at Roots this is the final year of Hulaween at SOSMP. Does anyone know if this is true?

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:54 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Dr.dab wrote:
Also read this the highest selling year in the history of SOSMP

They announced at time of on sale the number of tickets they were going to sell. I believe I remember it being less than I had anticipated.

Also, is this the first time a SOSMP festival has sold out? I'm not sure about those country ones but my guess would be this is a first for the park.

Yeah I think this is the first official "sell out" even though they sold more tickets in 2015 than this yr

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:10 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Rivernole wrote:
Did they not say the limit was set at 20,000 for the park?
Or did i dream that number up?
I do remember someone saying there was a limit to the number that could attend.

I heard at Roots this is the final year of Hulaween at SOSMP. Does anyone know if this is true?

I have no idea if true but from the businesses side it would be just dumb to move it. Even if Cheese went back to moving hula around every year they're still not coming close to selling out a 20 thousand person venue no matter how good the opening act is. Also the fest itself is gaining so much more exposure and popularity five years in (Booking Nectar and other big edm artists help) and bringing new people to the park that if it were moved I feel like everyone would lose money in the end

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:42 am Profile
Wanee Lover

since the venue is one of the best around i doubt hula will move. for a springfest substitute i heard a new promoter is coming in.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:11 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Dr.dab wrote:
Yeah I think this is the first official "sell out" even though they sold more tickets in 2015 than this yr

It's all marketing.

I mean: Kudos to the producers, they have been putting together an event that many people enjoy, and the sales reflect that, and so congrats to them for their success, and a job well done.

But as to this or that event 'selling out' vs. actual admits ... For most SOSMP festivals, the producers DO NOT release attendance numbers, and much speculation has ensued over the attendance numbers. So calling something a "sell out", is merely another way to market the event, and create buzz.

~~~~~~~~~

I am reminded of the 1980s back in Ohio... there's a gorgeous amphitheater in the outskirts of Cleveland, Blossom Music Center. It has hosted lots of great concerts, I sure saw my share there... Every summer, the two biggest shows by attendance numbers, were Jimmy Buffett, and local heroes The Michael Stanley Band. Every summer, the MSB always set a new attendance record at Blossom, like clockwork. Could it be that some promoter arranged it so that the max attendance was stretched a little? That they allowed an extra 500 lawn tix be sold, to top the last time? Could it? Hmm? :lol:

Everyone loves a local hero. I dug MSB too, but back then I'd rather go see the Wild Horses.

Thread diversion! Listen to this, the Wild Horses' *big hit*, the Funky Poodle song!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UII7RA2rIm4
8-)

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:19 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:
...but back then I'd rather go see the Wild Horses.

Thread diversion! Listen to this, the Wild Horses' *big hit*, the Funky Poodle song!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiNnDpIW918

You mean Crazy Horses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiNnDpIW918

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The comments under this video are great! maestro?

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

ReverendHugh wrote:
You mean Crazy Horses?

I DO NOT!

You besmirch the memory and reputation of one of the finest good time party bands I've ever seen. :x :x :x

As for Crazy Horses, I've trolled people with that one, more than Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up :lol:

Geez Rev, at least give my tune a spin, before you thread poop with your Osmonds goofiness.
:roll:

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:04 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Osmonds... Can't be unseen... I have to go wipe the blood from my eyes...

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:54 am Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
Dr.dab wrote:

It's all marketing.

I mean: Kudos to the producers, they have been putting together an event that many people enjoy, and the sales reflect that, and so congrats to them for their success, and a job well done.

But as to this or that event 'selling out' vs. actual admits ... For most SOSMP festivals, the producers DO NOT release attendance numbers, and much speculation has ensued over the attendance numbers. So calling something a "sell out", is merely another way to market the event, and create buzz.

~~~~~~~~~

I am reminded of the 1980s back in Ohio... there's a gorgeous amphitheater in the outskirts of Cleveland, Blossom Music Center. It has hosted lots of great concerts, I sure saw my share there... Every summer, the two biggest shows by attendance numbers, were Jimmy Buffett, and local heroes The Michael Stanley Band. Every summer, the MSB always set a new attendance record at Blossom, like clockwork. Could it be that some promoter arranged it so that the max attendance was stretched a little? That they allowed an extra 500 lawn tix be sold, to top the last time? Could it? Hmm? :lol:

Everyone loves a local hero. I dug MSB too, but back then I'd rather go see the Wild Horses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UII7RA2rIm4
8-)

I generally agree with the fake sell out fallacy, like how Bonaroo used to miraculously sell out on the Wednesday before the fest every year, but I do not think that is the case here. They 100% announced the allotment number of tickets prior to the on sale date, and the sell out came nearly 2 weeks before the event (a time when there's generally a bump in sales from last minute purchasers.). A "fake sell out" doesn't make much sense in this scenario.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:11 pm Profile
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next