Last visit was: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:39 pm It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:39 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
 Ken Burns The Vietnam War 
Wanee Fan

Post Ken Burns The Vietnam War
Not sure if anybody here has been watching this documentary (It's being aired on PBS) but wanted to share if you guys haven't.

http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/the-vietnam ... /#episodes

It is extremely informative and has interviews from so many people who were there first hand (Army,Marines,South Vietnamese soldiers,Viet Cong soldiers,North Vietnamese soldiers). It's really sad to watch at times but has taught me so much info that me as a millennial kid had no idea about. Also gets me kind of sad to think they just flat out don't teach about this war to high school kids and would rather have them believe our Government never made these extremely costly mistakes about the whole situation from the start.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:49 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Ken Burns The Vietnam War
;) ;) older brother was drafted. in nam a dancing betty blew up right near him and took part of his ear with the explosion. his best friend over there died on the mine. people with the dough were the lucky ones to avoid the draft.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:42 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

This was a good series. Outstanding soundtrack, there sure was a lot of great music created back then.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Esquire released a very poignant article about the soundtrack... worth the time to read!

Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:46 am Profile
 [ 4 posts ]