Last visit was: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:47 am It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:47 am

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Dead&Co prices 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Dead&Co prices
ArmeDane wrote:
Thejainhand wrote:
I wouldn't go for free. I'm so over arena type concerts where you're expected to sit.

A Dead show where everyone is expected to sit? :roll:
I'll be dancing in my seat... while everyone else is standing around me!

I have seen shows at TheHardRockLive Holywood Fl , Joe Cocker, BB King, Warren Haynes Tribute to The Band, and others that were worth arena seating. And .................Yes, there was dancing and sit dancing happening! So if the artist is worth your dollar, save on something else , eat hot pockets for dinner.

Last edited by eric on Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:43 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Well you know it's just simple supply & demand at work. I hate to feed that fire, but am also so fortunate to be able to afford it. After all it is my primary hobby, as i'm sure it is for all of you. My first concerts 40+ (gulp)years ago were generally $4.50 in adv/ $5 day of show. Everything from Zappa to Humble Pie, Edgar Winter to James Gang...

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:45 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

'bout tree-fitty and dat's my final offa :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:39 am Profile
Wanee Lover

$45 gets you in and $145 for pit/highest priced. That's not bad at all.

It's 2017, shits expensive.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:39 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Dr.dab wrote:
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:

But on a serious note... Yes, prices are a bit on the high side... AND... we are going to the Boston show. So I guess they can charge that because we are filling the venues...

This is something I read today and might be interesting to you guys, I'm not sure if it applies for Boston dates but it does for some venues like MSG.
Copied from forum @ Ratdog .org:

“This email was sent to someone who complained that the ticket she bought on the verified fan sale cost $150.00 and the same section on the general onsale dropped to $75.00. No wonder the $75.00 300 section at MSG went from $75.00 to $150.00. Probably because that’s what everyone wanted to buy.

Hi! The ticket prices for Dead & CO are fine-tuned to match supply and demand, so they can change from one day to the next as you’ve noticed. It helps to think of them like airline tickets, where prices go up or down depending on how many seats there are versus how many people want them at any given time. If lots of seats are left as the event approaches ticket prices might come down, while sudden fan demand at any time might make them go up. It’s called dynamic pricing, and it’s used by many artists, teams, venues, and promoters to let the market determine what tickets are worth.

Our standard refund policy applies and we can’t refund your tickets if they go down in price after you buy them (but we’ll never ask you to pay the difference if prices go up after you buy them either!). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the event! -WM”

I actually didn't know that artists were using dynamic pricing. That kinda makes sense. Otherwise what happens is that all the business goes to the scalpers; since they in essence use dynamic pricing anyways. This happens both with sold out and under sold shows. With standard pricing, all control is in the hands of the secondary market. In a lot of way, dynamic pricing could lead to LESS pricing fluctuations, and will probably hurt the scalpels which I think is a good thing.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:45 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Now that I'm back off storm duty and can start thinking about concerts again, I ventured on to TM today to look at the Dead&Co FL shows.

I'm not seeing dynamic pricing. I'm looking at the seat chart, blue seats are TM sales, and pink seats are 'Verified Resale'. All of the blue seats are consistently priced per level / section. Of course, the pink seats have varying pricing, depending on what the seller is asking for. It's exactly the same sort of thing you see on StubHub and VividSeats, etc. TM has apparently setup their own version of StubHub, with their marketing advantage being that you know you're getting a legit ticket, since TM sold the thing to the seller(!)

I suppose the quoted reply above could be taken as stated: that the differently priced seats were due to dynamic pricing, not resales on TM's own website. I suspect the person who complained, actually purchased fan resale tickets. And perhaps TM clouded the issue by introducing this dynamic pricing argument, when in reality they are acting as their own StubHub. IOW: The TM originating sales, are consistently priced, but the resales aren't (cuz they no longer are the seat holder)... BTW, do you think they resell those fan tix without fees, since fees have already been collected once on those particular seats? :lol: ... yeah I didn't think so either. :P

I guess the stadium shows have been a little cheaper, due to more capacity...

And yeah, I'll be going, more than likely.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:35 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

So they aren't doing dynamic pricing and are just advertising their resale option as dynamic pricing. Weak s#%t. More money for TM, less money for artists, less money for fans, more money for scalpers. Same old s#%t.

For why it's worth TM resale has been around for many years. There was actually a pretty big lawsuit against TM a number of years ago because they were doing resale tickets but it was very ambiguous that they were resale (i.e. they made it look like they were original tickets and the asinine prices were the original prices offered by the artists/promoters). TM is a scumbag company. Bottom line. (Says the guy that just dropped over $500 on their website like an hour ago *crying face emoji* ).

Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:12 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
TM is a scumbag company. Bottom line.

I think we can all agree on that :D

Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:50 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
So they aren't doing dynamic pricing and are just advertising their resale option as dynamic pricing. Weak s#%t.

Agree totally.

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
TM is a scumbag company.

Absolutely.

Check out my experience yesterday... I was sitting at my desk, end of the day, gazing at my Orlando and Sunrise Dead&Co TM ticket purchase receipts. I am making plans: driving routes, ORL by way of St Pete that Thur to pick up No. 1 Son, hmm I need a hotel for ORL. And as I'm making these plans, I started calculating all the charges I'm looking at on the ORL receipt in my head, just for grins, and a reality check. HEY. Looks like it's two bucks off. Hmm, let's get out the calculator. Yup, they charged me $2.70 more, than what the detail receipt items total to. WTF?

Okay, not even three bucks, that ain't gonna kill me at all. I've bought beers for people I don't even like, and spent way more than that. Still, I'm curious. I go to the TM purchase page, and see the same numbers as what's printed out... Where'd that $2.70 come from?

So I open a TM chat. Which doesn't even float as a popup page, so if you navigate around the TM site to look at stuff, you lose the chat, AND you can't even resize the chat, it's a weeny window down at lower right of my screen; can't move it can't resize it ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME.

Anyways! Once I had multiple tabs open so I could see everything, I start having a Successful Chat Experience. We go around and around a few times, turns out the $2.70 charge is a service fee for the convenience of buying my $20 parking next door, at the giant parking garage ...

(The Geico Garage at the Amway Center is really quite nice ... you park and exit on the the 4th floor, there's an enclosed elevated walkway over South Street, you go across that [and stay dry if the weather sucks], thru the doors into the Amway Ctr, right at that point they scan your tickee, and BOOM you're in, easy peasy. I like it)

Back to chat! I think: Oh. Okay. I say the $2.70 amounts to a hidden fee, since I cannot see where it is on my receipt, it's not on the thing I printed, and it's not on my screen. No it's not a hidden fee, Chat Lady says. I CAN'T SEE THE $2.70 CHARGED, BY DEFINITION THAT IS A HIDDEN FEE (says I). So she eventually supplies me a hotlink to the page where a fella can purchase the Geico Garage parking, and sure enough, if you say you want to buy that, and you are on the purchase page, and you click on the details for all the various fees they hit you with, you can see the $2.70 fee right there. BUT: You can't see it anywhere else. Once you complete the transaction, it goes *poof*. So I tell Chat Lady: your idea of what is, and what is not, a hidden fee differs from mine, and thank you very much for your help, and good-bye.

Then I went thru the TM 'rate your experience' survey. I wrote them a lengthy paragraph about hiding their fees. :x :x :x

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is EXACTLY why people hate TM: They hide their bull pucks. Not only that, they tell you it's this, not that, when the reality is absolutely NOT what they are saying. They tell you that the sky is yellow and the sun is blue, when it plainly is not.

Like I said: it ain't the $2.70. It's the fact that I could not determine what it was, and why it was charged. Spent a half hour getting an answer to a mystery that shouldn't even be. It's the Irish in me. :mrgreen:

Thank you for choosing Ticketbastards!

A necessary evil, they are.

Last edited by beach bob on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:47 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

What I really want to know is why are you buying beers for people you don't like? And what kind of drinks do you get for people you like. 8-)

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:03 pm Profile
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next