Last visit was: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:44 pm It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:44 pm

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Couch Tour Weekend! 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: Couch Tour Weekend!
The Panic set was good, but once JRAD started, it seemed mello in comparison.

Bobby came out to join Russo and the boys for the late-night set. He seemed a little overwhelmed at first, but got in the groove pretty quickly and ended up rocking harder than I've seen him do in years... and it was way past his bedtime!

JRAD plays with a type of power and energy the Dead never even considered... yet, they add trippy, spacey, nearly silent parts too. With such a range of emotion, it's no surprise Bobby stuck around and ended up finishing the set with them.

After the band said their goodbyes, and walked backstage, we got to see Tom and Joe chatting with Bobby. Then, as if it was an afterthought, one of them decided they should have played One More Saturday Night. So, even though they had already gone late, Joe rounded up the band once again for a spontaneous encore... all the while telling everyone they had to do it quickly.

So far, that set has been the highlight of my weekend. Did anyone else stay up for it? 8-)

Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:36 am Profile
Wanee Lover

:D

Wonderful ride!

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:14 am Profile
Wanee Lover

arme :D us oldtimers got early bed times. yes we do. but i will warn you. if you camp next to us next fest we will wake you up at sunrise

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:15 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Loving moe with Phil right now.....

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:41 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

It's good stuff... even when Phil sings! :lol:

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:53 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

ArmeDane wrote:
The Panic set was good, but once JRAD started, it seemed mello in comparison.

Bobby came out to join Russo and the boys for the late-night set. He seemed a little overwhelmed at first, but got in the groove pretty quickly and ended up rocking harder than I've seen him do in years... and it was way past his bedtime!

JRAD plays with a type of power and energy the Dead never even considered... yet, they add trippy, spacey, nearly silent parts too. With such a range of emotion, it's no surprise Bobby stuck around and ended up finishing the set with them.

After the band said their goodbyes, and walked backstage, we got to see Tom and Joe chatting with Bobby. Then, as if it was an afterthought, one of them decided they should have played One More Saturday Night. So, even though they had already gone late, Joe rounded up the band once again for a spontaneous encore... all the while telling everyone they had to do it quickly.

So far, that set has been the highlight of my weekend. Did anyone else stay up for it? 8-)

Oh man, that sounds amazing. I love JRAD, would have been sick to see Bobby sit in with them. I went to bed, cause I had to work today (and because I'm a big baby about sleep). I'm sure replays with hit the web and I will definitely check it out!

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:38 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Bobby kinda ruined that set, completely rip chording the jam and putzing around with vocals the entire time; buuuuuttttttt the mans a legend so whatevs. And it was cool to see both of those guys on stage with (sans Rob) moe.

But...... Phil Lesh, mannnnnnnnn! Dude is absolutely inspirational. I tuned in late as I was on a flight, but from about 8:30-9:05 ish was magic. Can't believe he can still play like that at his age, keeping up with the guys in moe. and their fast tempo style. He was even driving the jams at times. Wow. GOAT.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:45 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

So the Avett Brothers kinda suck right? Or are they kinda good? I can't really tell.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:00 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Ok never mind, listening to the last 2 songs, they def suck. What an odd choice to close out the festival.

High points for sure, but overall a weird LockN.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:03 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Yeah, those guys should have played earlier... maybe mid afternoon... for nap time. :?

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:46 pm Profile
 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next