Last visit was: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:01 pm It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:01 pm

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Couch Tour Weekend! 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Couch Tour Weekend!
I'm looking at the Lock'n sked... tonight it goes Umph > Cheese > Umph > Cheese on the main stage ...

Is this the fest that has the rotating stage, so there's no down time? I remember couch touring that last year... pretty cool.

If it ain't, I'd hate to be on stage crew. That's a lot of work :P

Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:54 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

beach bob wrote:
Is this the fest that has the rotating stage, so there's no down time? I remember couch touring that last year... pretty cool.

It is, and I bet they'll have the same setup this year... like a giant turntable. It's a good way to keep the bands on schedule. ;)

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:13 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

That's a pretty impressive feat of engineering...

I thought they did this for the California Jam, in the Mesozoic era/ *I MEAN* 1974... but Wiki sez that fest had stages set on rails, rolled back & forth(!) ... pretty cool in the ancient / analog / no wireless of any sort days.

I do appreciate that almost all fests run dead nuts on time nowadays... barring weather problems of course. They get a pass for that.

Ask me what I think of the Yellowjackets, who left thousands of us waiting for them for over an hour at Sunfest years ago. Didn't help that they bored me to tears when they finally played. That was about the end of my Smoove Jazz days, just before I went back to listening to decadent, rebellious, evil music.
:twisted:

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:36 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

The Peach Fest 2017 ran very smoothly, beside the power outages and rain..... but no rotating stage........that I know of. Kudos to the event support and roadies!!!

Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:58 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Anybody else having audio issues?

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:25 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Yeah. They're having all sorts of issues it seems.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:55 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

ArmeDane wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
The Phish shows are next weekend though.

Oops... that oughta teach me not to post at 5 a.m.! Its a great thing though, two couch stream weekends in a row! 8-)

Do you Hoodstream?

I occasionally Hoodstream, mostly when I just pop in and out for portions of the show. If I'm gonna stream in for the full show I usually do the official stream. It's a bit pricey but I always do the optionfor a couple bucks more that you can download the audio, so that makes it more worthwhile for me.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:57 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Several years ago, I hoodstreamed a link that lasted until the Baker's Dozen. 8-) Now that it's gone, I'm playing the Hoodstream game again. :oops:

I can't afford to go legit, but I still need to see what Kuroda does with those moving trusses! :shock:

I think we can assume they've worked the bugs out of the Lockn' stream, and tonight will go well. I'm excited to see Phil and Bobby together again.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:48 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

ArmeDane wrote:
I'm excited to see Phil and Bobby together again.

Indeed. Playing the Terrapin Station ellpee too 8-)

I'm tore up.

Been a long day already, and when I go home in a bit, I gotta dismantle a terlet, in preparation for tomorrow's activity: the bathtub and & tile demo, and New Bathtub and Enclosure install (woo!)...

If I have any energy, Bobby Lee Rogers is just down the road tonight. Or if I have no energy, I'll stay in and couch tour. Or (most likely), I'll pass out before I hear Bobby and Phil.

Mostly I want to hit up BLR. But that will require Feats of Endurance, which escape me in these dog days of subtropical existence ...
:P :P :P

Stay tuned! No, really! Tune in for some Lock'n tunes :lol:

Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:10 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Not to be Nancy Negative here but this Fogerty set is BRUTAL. And of course he's the only one to go past his scheduled time slot. Bring on Panic please, stat.

Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:03 pm Profile
 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next