Last visit was: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:39 pm It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:39 pm

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 No Wanee 2018 ????? 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: No Wanee 2018 ?????
while your sitting by the fire e.t.r. its been a long hot summer here in Fl. s florida has had the hottest one ever. the other day the A/C was going all day just to keep the house at 80f. the heat it wears on us. poor maestros got to be cooking. :| :roll:

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:41 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Volkemon wrote:
maestro63 wrote:
eric wrote:
why oh why stir the pot?

That's what I do? Are you new here

Eric, you might recall that Stro didn't even remember meeting you at the Meet and Greet. Perhaps this may shed light on the situation, it did for me.

Quote:
Traits of a Narcissistic Sociopath
How do you spot a sociopathic narcissist? Watch for certain traits:

A driven quest for power. If a narcissistic sociopath cares about anything other than himself, it is destructive power and control over people.

Behaviors that seek love and admiration. To be sure, this isn't needy love. It's not even emotional love. It's superficial. A narcissistic sociopath sees love and admiration as power tools to manipulate and dominate.

No apologies, no guilt, no remorse under any circumstance. A sociopathic narcissist believes that they are a gift to the world who makes it richer and more colorful. Therefore, the calculated, even cruel actions are always justified.

Invincibility. The narcissistic variety of sociopath believes he is indomitable. Even punishment and prison can't stop him. They're merely part of the game.

Wholly self-serving. The needs and wants of others are insignificant and undeserving of consideration.

Act as the producer, director, and only actor of his own show. The narcissistic sociopath casts people in roles that increase his power and sense of importance and when bored, casts them aside.

Someone else sent me this when I was having problems dealing with Maestro. I was surprised by how fitting it was, and it helped me understand why he contributes the way he does.

So I'm gone for a little while and come back to find out that POTUS is on the Forum..... :lol:

Oh Gator country

A little bit of that chomp chomp

Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:53 am Profile
Wanee Fan

maestro63 wrote:

Well he also said that Gregg was not close to dying and there was no truth to my rumors I had heard.
He told Richard (rivernole) that all the Trucks family would be at the tribute show. Richard asked "even Derek?" and was told all the TRUCKS would be there.

Now I am not saying Big Mike is a liar.

You can't call a man a liar when his predictions about the future don't pan out. For instance, I say, in our capitalist Society, annual events that are profitable, will be repeated until they are no longer profitable. I believe this is a true statement, whether or not there is a Wanee in 2018... and I'm no liar! 8-)

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:22 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Finally some interesting content on here. Everyone has come to the defense of Big Mike's credibility, which is fine, but nobody has pointed out the fact that when maestro slings unsubstantiated rumors on here, they often turn out to be true. :?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:36 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Also, I learned on here, just now, that when one says:

"I'm not saying Big Mike is a liar" it gets internet translated to: "That no good piece of lying s#%t"

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:39 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Obviously a trolling post, and I'm not one to generally feed the trolls, buuutttttttttttt.......the question as to whether or not there will be a Wanee 2018 is not a ridiculous one. Big Mike's reputation aside, until I see official dates posted I think the possibility of no Wanee in 2018 is at least on the table. I of course hope thats not what happens, and I do think there will be a Wanee 2018, but I don't think its asinine to question whether or not it will happen.

Not sure when the dates came out last year, but I would guess now is not particularly early. Also of note, nothing on SoSMP website RE: Wanee dates, not that I necessarily would expect something this early but Suwannee River Jam is already up there for May of 2018...

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:44 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Suwannee River Jam is already up there for May of 2018...

Well praise the lord and pass the ammunition. I was starting to worry. :oops:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:47 am Profile
Wanee Fan

fwiw: SOSMP office says it is on for 4/19 thru 4/21. Does it seem feasible for them to take in a ton of money for sites now, then have to refund it all at a later date?

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:25 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Sure. The park takes in money (OP's money!) and gets to invest it for months, until the 'remittance', which is letting you park your rig at your designated spot for the next Wanee.

At SOSMP, for the fests that repeat each year, the park lets you have first dibs on your site for the following year (if I'm remembering correctly). It's a win-win for the regulars; they get their usual spot, and the park gets money way in advance. Plus, investments in park improvements can take place, since it's known future income.

Surely the park *wants* Wanee to happen... they make money on the beer and the bar and all that other stuff. However, as Live Nation produces the event, the happen / not happen decision, is out of their control.

I am sure there's enough $$ made in reserved camper deposit interest, to offset refunds for a cancellation of 2018 Wanee, should it come to that.

Of course, I don't want it to come to that 8-)

Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:58 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

i did not walk around much last yr but i thought attendance was good. :)

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:31 am Profile
 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next