Last visit was: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:41 pm It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:41 pm

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 No Wanee 2018 ????? 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: No Wanee 2018 ?????
It's hot. As expected :D

As me about the traffic though :x

:mrgreen:

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:18 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

beach bob wrote:

I was going to ask about the traffic but then I figured it would be about somebody with Maine tags doing the speed limit, or less, in the passing lane... :lol:

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:38 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Actually, the out of state peeps get maybe 10% of my wrath. Most of my aggravation is assigned to bad truck drivers, whether 18 wheelers, or service vehicle guys.

We got three inches of rain down here yesterday; I had a 100mi trip to Fl. City, that took me 3.5hrs. yesterday. Normally I can do that trip in two hours. All in a day's work, I guess... I got paid to be frustrated by the slow go...
:ugeek:

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:06 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

beach bob wrote:
I got paid to be frustrated by the slow go...
:ugeek:

The silver lining! :D

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:15 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

We need a little "Drunk Thread" activity around here... ;)

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:17 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
beach bob wrote:

I was going to ask about the traffic but then I figured it would be about somebody with Maine tags doing the speed limit, or less, in the passing lane... :lol:

MAINEiacs are (IMO) some of the better drivers from New England. Maryland seems to take 1st place for horrible drivers in this area.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:18 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:

Aren't you at The Peach? Get drankin!!

Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:31 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

AndieBee wrote:
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:

Aren't you at The Peach? Get drankin!!

No, like last year we vowed fewer festivals. Unlike last year, we're sticking more to that vow. I think we did 5 last year and this year we've only done one with Lockn' coming up for #2. We have Hula tickets but I think we're going to sell.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:38 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

But Peach probably has the best lineup of the year so I'm sorry they took so long to announce...

Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:39 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post If WANEE 2018 doesnt happen...SOUS VIDE!
Hot Pockets... mmMMmmmm.. I have been looking at what else I can sous vide.. and found this..

Quote:
This may seem like a really dumb sentence, but that Hot Pocket was the best Hot Pocket I’ve ever tasted in my entire life. It was uniformly cooked throughout, with the gooey, melted cheese evenly distributed, and the crust was as crispy and flaky as that particular dough can get, with messy leakage.

Going back to that eternal question: Will Hot Pockets sous vide?

The answer: Yes, my friends, a Hot Pocket will in fact sous vide, but you’d have to be a pretty huge fan of the microwavable sandwich for this to be worth your while. I have only ever wanted a Hot Pocket while drunk or high (or as a child), so I doubt I would ever have the forethought to heat up my water bath an hour ahead of time. But if you know you want a Hot Pocket an hour before you want it, go ahead and break out your immersion circulator and enjoy the best pepperoni pizza Hot Pocket of your life.

http://skillet.lifehacker.com/will-it-s ... 1786400775

My pastrami and corned beef have entered the next level in texture and flavor distribution with sous vide cooking. (145* for 24 hrs. Considering longer, but it slices so well at that t/t..)

We did a 6 pound beef roast, (130* for 9 hrs, 12 next time) then I browned it in a big skillet... :shock: :o tasty, rare to the edge. Dinner fit for a Bishop. Had philly cheesesteaks from some of the leftover today.

But I bet the grandson would love the hot pockets. The deep fried onion tater tots went over well with him, and will be a Wanee 2018 addition at camp. Well, if WANEE 2018 even happens.. :? Back on topic :lol:

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:11 pm Profile
 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next