Last visit was: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:52 pm It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:52 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
 RIP Glen Campbell 
Wanee Fan

Post RIP Glen Campbell
81 years young.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:56 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Post Re: RIP Glen Campbell
RIP Mr Campbell. Loved his version of Allen Tousaint's "Southern Nights".

Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:05 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I got to see him about ten years ago in Nashville during the AMAs. Went to a little documentary film viewing, which they did for the album he was putting out at the time, it had a lot of family interviews and was quite touching. Then there was a Q&A with Glenn, the album producer, and the filmmaker. Very cool, he led an extraordinary life, considering his humble beginnings. That night there was a musical tribute to Glenn, featuring lots of Nashville's finest performing tunes Glenn was known for... the man himself turned up at the end, and sang a couple tunes.

You could tell he wasn't 100% there, and having some difficulty. But his wife was right by his side, and he had a large family... so those are rather large blessings.

Like I said on the Facebook, he's one of a very short list of people, that everyone around the world has heard his musical contributions, whether via his own singles, or his guitar work with the Beach Boys and so many others... it's no exaggeration to say his guitar playing is heard on some radio station, somewhere, every day.

A musical giant, of the kind they just don't make any more...
:|

Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:03 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

My parents had the Galveston Album back when I was 9 or so.....they wore that one out.
RIP Glen.....one hellava picker

Oh Gator country

A little bit of that chomp chomp

Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:55 am Profile
 [ 4 posts ]