Last visit was: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:55 pm It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:55 pm

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 **The Thread for All Things Phish Tour-Summer 2017 Edition** 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: **The Thread for All Things Phish Tour-Summer 2017 Editi
Dr.dab wrote:
Phish is on fire and I hope they keep up this 2017 energy

I'm hoping they bring it to Miami for New Year's!

Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:00 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: **The Thread for All Things Phish Tour-Summer 2017 Editi
MANNNNNNN what a run. Garden on lock down for 17 nights. 13 shows. 239 songs. An astonishing ZERO repeats. Some of their best improv jamming in years (maybe ever). And a banner up in MSG to boot!

Regardless of whether or not you are a Phish fan, this has to go down as one of the all time great run of performances by any band ever.

Out of the three shows I went to (Aug 4th/5th/6th), I'd rank them: Fri, then Sun, then Sat. All were great shows that had plenty of bright spots. Night 1 was the ridiculous second set, ending with the most energetic version of Fluffhead I have ever heard. Night 2 was an awesome start to the first set that showcased rarely played songs The Sloth and FYF, and eventually went into the somewhat cliche but fun "Sunshine of Your Feeling" Cream/Boston mashup. And night 3 didn't disappoint with a version of "Simple" for the ages, that undoubtedly ranks amongst the best jams of 3.0. A little "Lawn Boy Reprise" brought the entire run full circle, before closing it out with a blazing, albeit predictable, Tweeprise followed by an emotional banner raising (obviously couldn't tell from where I was standing, but those watching the live stream said Trey was crying). So happy that I got to be a part of those last 3 shows, and I can't imagine what it would have been like to do the entire 13!

It will take weeks to go back and listen to all 13 shows to fully appreciate the madness that went down. But initial highlights from the overall Bakers Dozen Run, in no particular order:

-The donut themes each night: what an awesome idea, old school Phish shenanigans, and they pulled it off!
-Jam-filled donut night: is this still lawn boy? 'nuff said.
-No repeats: as above. No other band in the world could do this. GOAT.
-MSG lobster rolls. The Sec 119 (which happened to be the section I was in all 3 nights) Spicy Chicken Sandwiches got all the hype (and it's very own lot shirt before the run was even over!) but give me those MSG Lobster Rolls over the SCS all day!
-Jimmies night: which featured a Forbins-> Mockingbird and narrated Harpua which saw the band discussing cosmology and eventually determining that the universe was the shape of a donut.
-Chris f!*king Kuroda: that lighting rig. My. God. Hall of Fame performance by CK all run.
-8/4/17: Fluffhead, boom.

The list could go on and on. Perhaps the most amazing thing about this run was how it appealed to so many. My fiancé, who is very open about how she "doesn't get Phish", tagged along to the 3 shows with me, and you know what, she had a great time! A few days after we got home, she even said something that I NEVER thought I would hear come out of her mouth......."I wish we could just go back to being at Phish?" :o :shock: :o .

Whole thing gives me chills just thinking about it! Crossing my fingers for a Bill Graham Civic/San Fran mini-residency next summer! But regardless of where they are or what they do, I will be there!

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:08 pm Profile
 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4