Last visit was: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:56 pm It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:56 pm

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 **The Thread for All Things Phish Tour-Summer 2017 Edition** 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: **The Thread for All Things Phish Tour-Summer 2017 Editi
The band certainly is on fire this year. All 5 of the boys really... Kuroda's new rig is jaw dropping! :shock:

Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:40 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I approve this thread!

Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:43 am Profile
Wanee Lover

ArmeDane wrote:
The band certainly is on fire this year. All 5 of the boys really... Kuroda's new rig is jaw dropping! :shock:

INSANE. Even just based off of watching SD streams that lighting rig is nuts! For those who haven't tuned in yet, and I'm sure I'm explaining this poorly, but the entire rig moves and chances shapes/positions, not just the individual lights. It's bonkers.

Anyways, I have been massively slacking with my updates in here but some highlights since I last posted include a narrarrated Harpua with a discussion of cosmology ending in the understanding that the universe is shaped liked a donut, and a "Donut Holes" themed night in which several hole related songs were played, most notably a Mikes Song->O Holy Night->Taste.

I've made it to NYC for the last 3 shows this weekend, will be sure to provide some further reviews now that I am finally attending live!

Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:55 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Amazing show last night. Smoking First Tube to end set 1 and a fire set 2 that had a first time played cover of Radiohead's Everything's in the Right Place and a blazing Fluffhead to close things out. The peak in Fluffhead will forever be an all time great Phish moment for me. I haven't felt that much energy at a show (any show not just Phish) since the first night at Hampton '09 for the reunion shows. Bonkers.

Tonight's donut is Boston Cream. Phans are guessing mostly the obvious Boston covers but a Cream cover is also on the table as a possibility I would think.

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:51 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I dont follow Phish now, but have fond memories of parties at UVM and out on Spear St in the 80's. Not to mention The Sheik, and Nectars... Its neat to see how far they have come.

Nice writeups! Thank you.

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:57 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
The peak in Fluffhead will forever be an all time great Phish moment for me.

It brought me to my feet too... right here in my living room... good stuff!

Have a good time tonight at the Garden, and smile at the cameras... we'll be here in the living room looking for you! ;)

BTW: I'm calling "Smokin'" by Boston and "Strange Brew" by Cream. Too bad they already played "The Mango Song!

Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:12 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Volkemon wrote:
I dont follow Phish now

Last night's Boston/Cream mashup: Sunshine of Your Love -> More Than a Feeling -> Sunshine of Your Love -> Foreplay/Long Time... all the while, throwing in "White Room" quotes. It was really cool... if you like that sort of thing.

They were playing well leading up to this run, and each night of it has been both creative and well executed. Its all led up to tonight. There's no doubt its going to be worth watching... and links to watch for free are easily found online! 8-)

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:22 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

NO repeats for the entire run? Just crazy! :D

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:54 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
NO repeats for the entire run? Just crazy! :D

Nope... I think the final number of songs is 238.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:15 am Profile
Wanee Fan

That Simple they played last night, all I have to say is WOW. Phish is on fire and I hope they keep up this 2017 energy because they're sounding like a whole nother band than the rest of the 3.0 era.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:29 am Profile
 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next