Last visit was: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:53 pm It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:53 pm

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Let's fix the tub drain! 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Let's fix the tub drain!
An idea to add to the remodel.. TIME CAPSULE. :lol:

source - http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/ti ... use-secret

Quote:

FOR ABOUT 15 YEARS, CHUCK Palahniuk, author of the novels Fight Club, Choke, and Snuff, among others, lived in Portland, Oregon, where he combined and renovated two adjacent properties. Palahniuk sold the renovated home to Jolynn Winter in 2007, but left behind a little secret.

Recently, Winter undertook a fresh renovation, and stumbled across this secret when a contractor tore out part of a bathroom ceiling. Out came a time capsule from the previous owner, Winter reported on Facebook. Inside were all sorts of things.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:10 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Time capsule! Very cool, particularly if you get one from a noted author that obviously loved the property.

Maybe there's one waiting for me, from the guys that built my place? It probably would go as follows~

"Here's a pic of us smoking crack, as we framed the place up... you'll note many of the wall & ceiling joints aren't quite straight or square; that's not easy to do sober, but a cinch if you're ripped! Here's another pic, we went on a three day speedball bender while laying the 12" tile on the first floor, which resulted in zero locations where any four tiles line up at their corners correctly! Amazing, huh? Also note the significant hump in the living room floor... that's cuz we got tired (or maybe we were hung over; I forget) when they were pouring the subfloor; it's hard to get all the humps out, when you barely know what you're doing. And we don't, but we're cool guys, doncha think? Check out my homie Ralph's Iron Maiden shirt!"

8-)

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:52 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Good one beachbob!!!
Isn't that always the case....!

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:52 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

TFF Bob!
That stuff does happen. My business is utilities excavation and I see crazier than that, sometimes.
There was an upscale subdivision built here during the last building boom, where the Green Card-less bricklayers failed to leave weep holes in their work- causing the entire subdivision to be re-bricked after mold was found inside the walls a few years later. As you might expect, builder went bankrupt...

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:01 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Ouch!

I thought that's what bonding companies are for... but then, insurance only goes so far.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:04 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

beach bob wrote:
but then, insurance only goes so far.

True dat...

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:27 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

THE PLUMBER IS HERE!!!

Happy happy
[cough cough]