Last visit was: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:56 pm It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:56 pm

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Let's fix the tub drain! 
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Re: Let's fix the tub drain!
Is "in situ" even legal in Florida......sounds kinda kinky to me.....

/s

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:52 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

ohio wrote:
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
ohio wrote:
or a line from a good country song...

Is there one?

The one where if you play it backwards Bob's tub rust converts back into iron, ceiling damage disappears, and leak stops.

This one sounds perfect... :lol:

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:08 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

eric wrote:
WELL ? Any progress? We need our daily update.

None.

I've been in AZ since 7/13. I thought I mentioned that...?

Actually started thinking about this project on the plane last night... kinda ruint my vacation bliss.

Going to apply some brain cell activity to this thing this weekend. Mostly we are in a hoding pattern... I have a busy couple weeks at furk coming up.

Maybe by mid-August, there will be Actual Progress :?

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:36 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

ohio wrote:
The one where if you play it backwards Bob's tub rust converts back into iron, ceiling damage disappears, and leak stops.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:39 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

UPDATE NO. TWO:

Still dead in the water; no progress.

Out of town (essentially) the last weekend of July, but I was home this weekend.

Wed night -- wife gets name of another plumber; "call this guy, he will come out early evening"

Thur -- called the guy, we talked, and he's coming out Fri night. He will call first.

Fri night comes and goes... he left a message after 8pm, we were out having dinner. "Sorry, ran late, call this weekend, I'm home."

Sat am -- called the guy, left a message. Decided not to try again on Sunday; I know how much I enjoy work phone calls on Sunday.

It's MONDAY 10:30am now, and I haven't heard back from this guy.

I am oh-for-two on plumbers. Never did get a follow up from plumber no. 1, and his girlfriend lives across the street.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Is there a FL law that says if you are in the residential building trades, you must treat potential clients like crap?

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:38 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

beach bob wrote:
Is there a FL law that says if you are in the residential building trades, you must treat potential clients like crap?

Yes....Yes, there is.....

One of my best friends is a master carpenter....does all my work.....and yes...he does the same thing.
Glad he is my friend....he might never show up......or finish when he does.
It is standard in the industry.....treat your customers like crap....they will take it!

Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:15 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

But how does the contractor magically know he's not passing up future reliable business, from what is just a voice on the phone? I realize I live in a working class burb, and I don't have a dozen rental units I'm managing that need plumbing repair... but they do not know that.

Maybe I should get references, choose carefully, and pay a retainer. Like a fella might do with a lawyer.

There's a giant rant on my Facebook today about this very thing... the entities that have crap customer service, whether a one man handyman, or a multinational corporation that forces your service call to a call center in some far off land, LOSE BUSINESS DUE TO POOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS. And the guy this ranter found, who fixed his A/C problem (said A/C having been OOS for two weeks due to call center ineptitude) in under an hour (cuz he *knows his s#%t*), is BOOKED SOLID FOR A YEAR.

It's no wonder why the guy that is busy, stays that way. He's about 5% of the available talent pool. The other 95% are sending biz his way, and he can only accommodate a certain number of those. The rest? They get the runaround...

Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:46 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

just call Josephine...

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:59 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did actually get Guy No. 2 to stop by last night. He's game for doing the job. I'm just gonna go whole hog: new tub, probably get a shower enclosure rather than replacing the tile, new fixtures. Tile looks like kaka, it's all moldy and dirty. Eff it; let the guy do the tearout, and install. Pay the man, be done with it. Going shopping for hardware this week.

Anyways! Back to Important Stuff... namely, Josephine!

Perhaps Josephine could be my spiritual advisor :mrgreen:

The incomparable Snooks Eglin testifies about Josephine here~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Q-rQpW-0o

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:14 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

All I could think of while looking for a photo of Josephine earlier, was Snooks!

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:56 pm Profile
 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next