Last visit was: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:06 pm It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:06 pm

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Favorite Sets at SOSMP 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Favorite Sets at SOSMP
seen so many grate performances in the mushroom stage. lucinda rocked it! brandi carlisle with her twins was awesome. and lake street dive! what an act! :shock:

Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:11 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Thanks. This is a very cool topic . For a couple of reasons. I have seen a few concerts in my day, but my memory is not what it used to be. I really liked the PinkTalkingTurkFu Bowie/Prince show! Did not think they could do it either. I believe it was only billed as PinkTalkngFu......Turkuaz was a bonus!!! Zappa Plays Zappa was awesome awesome awesome. I was able to see Dweezil do ZPZ in Ft Lauderdale prior to Wanee. He was supposed to play Lakeland Fl but the show was cancelled. It was at The Culture Room, or as us locals call it "The Firetrap Lounge" you may have one in you neck of the woods. Let's just say the Live Oak show was much more enjoyable.My T-shirt has the Lakeland date. As far as Derek or Jimmy...... just keep it coming.... can't get enough!!!!! Of course enjoying the afternoon with "JaimoesJassszBand" at the Mushroom Stage is a tradition!

Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:56 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Just to brag, This years Peach Festival (I am attending !) will include "Pink Taking Fish Eats A Peach" A full performance of "Eat A Peach" intertwined with Pink Floyd, The Talking Heads & Phish songs..... should be grand! Hope they come out with a schedule soon, only a little more than a month away. I can't wait....really psyched!!! And I know this isn't at SOSMP........ but I am truly excited !!!

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:38 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

eric wrote:
Just to brag, This years Peach Festival (I am attending !) will include "Pink Taking Fish Eats A Peach" A full performance of "Eat A Peach" intertwined with Pink Floyd, The Talking Heads & Phish songs..... should be grand! Hope they come out with a schedule soon, only a little more than a month away. I can't wait....really psyched!!! And I know this isn't at SOSMP........ but I am truly excited !!!

Oh man that is super cool. Cover bands schmover band, those guys are really talented and put on great unique performances.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:30 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Perhaps they will perform this late night at Wanee????

Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:14 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Rivernole wrote:

PinkTalkingFish late night at Wanee , playing Eat A Peach , would be the perfect "midnight snack"......kinda a late night musical sandwich!! P. S...........Wash it down with some Gatorade!!! Go Gators

Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:51 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Ok, coming back with a more comprehensive list of favorites. I know my list is far too long, but all hold very special places in my memory/heart. Not really in order but kind of:

Main Squeeze Tsunami Set Hula (as already mentioned)

moe. Aura 2015 (I was encapsulated by lazers; s#%t got weird from Kyle's song on)

Particle twilight set Wanee 2012 (again, s#%t got weird; you had to be there, and by there I mean in my head)

String Cheese Incident Hulaween 2 10/31/14 (tough call on which night of Cheese to pick, could have easily been Hulaween 1 Halloween set, or 10/28/16)

Zach Deputy Bear Creek 2010 (had never even heard of this guy and then BOOM)

Dopapod Spirit Lake Late Night Hulaween 2015 (sooooo much going on: aerial ribbon acts, fire dancers, Burning Man-esque fire statue art, and some sick ass music)

Panic N1 Wanee 2016 (the set with Driving Song->Papa’s Coming Home-> Driving Song; music/setlist wise it was nothing crazy but for various reasons it was the set that got me back into Panic after several years of ambivalence towards them)

Further Wanee 2012 (either night is fine, was just thrilled at my only experience seeing Bobby and Phil on stage together)

Zach Deputy Traveling Stage Wanee (shocked this is the only act to get on the list twice; but hey I love ZD, and I followed the traveling stage for the entire set [myself and one other dude were the only two that followed the whole set] which I would guess was close to 2 hours. Absolutely killed it, and he was still playing as they drove him away into the restricted artist only area).

ABB Wanee 2011 N2 (an ABB set HAD to be on here, and honestly not much special about this set that I remember, except 2011 was the first time I had seem them at Wanee, that Wanee was a transformative experience for me on a lot of levels, and ABB is the reason it all happened)

Honorable Mentions:

Soulive Bear Creek 2010
moe. Bear Creak 2010
moe. Wanee 2014 (opposite the Skynyrd set, where all the real music fans were)
Panic Thursday Wanee 2011
Main Squeeze Aura 2015 (regular set, NOT the MJ set; MJ set was awesome but their regular set was cathartic for me)
Cheese Hula 1 N1 10/31/13
Cheese Hula 3 N1 10/30/15
Cheese Hula 4 N1 10/28/16

Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:54 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

mangoes.....
Would you like some cheese with those weeners"?

:o
:lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:09 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

eric wrote:
Rivernole wrote:

PinkTalkingFish late night at Wanee , playing Eat A Peach , would be the perfect "midnight snack"......kinda a late night musical sandwich!! P. S...........Wash it down with some Gatorade!!! Go Gators

This Gator approves this message 8-)

Oh Gator country

A little bit of that chomp chomp

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:43 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

I am hoping for some new favorites at Roots......PLEASE.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:28 pm Profile
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next