Last visit was: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:40 am It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:40 am

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 We like the WRONG music, for the WRONG reasons. 
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Post Re: We like the WRONG music, for the WRONG reasons.
And I have been more than willing to share my stick..... :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:20 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I know Pattie feels comforted having your stick gripped in her hand. 8-) And I grab your stick, and show it off. :)

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:21 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

:shock: ...... :oops:
:lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:46 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Alright!! Volkemon is making "stick" jokes. My work here is done.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:52 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

nickyler wrote:
Alright!! Volkemon is making "stick" jokes. My work here is done.

Yep. SO true. ;)

Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:00 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

nickyler wrote:
Here Volkemon,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Xc2_FtpHI

If you have the time, this guy will teach you everything you need to know.

Why YES! Mr Peterson. I have listened to his biblical lectures as part of a 'Religion and Government' course.

Familiar with Mr Feynman? I LOVE his books, and lectures.

Why do I tend to go into so much 'unnecessary' (to most...) detail?

For The Rev, and others who go glassy eyed at more than 25 words in a row - ;)
"The Beauty of a Flower" (Under 2 minutes! )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbFM3rn4ldo

And for those who enjoy reading,

Mr Feynman wrote:

I have a friend who’s an artist and has sometimes taken a view which I don’t agree with very well. He’ll hold up a flower and say “look how beautiful it is,” and I’ll agree.
Then he says “I as an artist can see how beautiful this is but you as a scientist take this all apart and it becomes a dull thing,” and I think that he’s kind of nutty. First of all, the beauty that he sees is available to other people and to me too, I believe…

I can appreciate the beauty of a flower. At the same time, I see much more about the flower than he sees. I could imagine the cells in there, the complicated actions inside, which also have a beauty. I mean it’s not just beauty at this dimension, at one centimeter; there’s also beauty at smaller dimensions, the inner structure, also the processes.
The fact that the colors in the flower evolved in order to attract insects to pollinate it is interesting; it means that insects can see the color. It adds a question: does this aesthetic sense also exist in the lower forms? Why is it aesthetic? All kinds of interesting questions which the science knowledge only adds to the excitement, the mystery and the awe of a flower. It only adds. I don’t understand how it subtracts.

And just a bit more brain candy... :lol:

Mr Feynman wrote:
A poet once said, "The whole universe is in a glass of wine." We will probably never know in what sense he meant that, for poets do not write to be understood.

But it is true that if we look at a glass of wine closely enough we see the entire universe.

There are the things of physics: the twisting liquid which evaporates depending on the wind and weather, the reflections in the glass, and our imagination adds the atoms. The glass is a distillation of the Earth's rocks, and in its composition we see the secrets of the universe's age, and the evolution of stars. What strange arrays of chemicals are in the wine? How did they come to be? There are the ferments, the enzymes, the substrates, and the products.

There in wine is found the great generalization: all life is fermentation. Nobody can discover the chemistry of wine without discovering, as did Louis Pasteur, the cause of much disease. How vivid is the claret, pressing its existence into the consciousness that watches it!

If our small minds, for some convenience, divide this glass of wine, this universe, into parts — physics, biology, geology, astronomy, psychology, and so on — remember that nature does not know it!

So let us put it all back together, not forgetting ultimately what it is for.

Let it give us one more final pleasure: drink it and forget it all!

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:55 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

"you got to spill the wine
and take that girl...."

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:57 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Honest to god don't ever think I've listened or not listened to an artist based on their race/gender/sexual orientation.

Except maybe a white rapper when I was 11, because I am white and wanted to be a rapper, so I tried to find someone to relate to. Then I realized all rap music was terrible, and I haven't thought about race/ethnicity/gender in music since.

Hell, I don't even KNOW what race/ethnicity Eric Krasno is and he's one of my all time favorite guitarists!

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:45 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

recently saw kras jamming with billy strings and his band. :) wierd combo but what a show

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:53 am Profile
Wanee Lover

whole lot of love wrote:
recently saw kras jamming with billy strings and his band. :) wierd combo but what a show

WHAT?!?! I can't even imagine how that would sound, but I want to listen to it now!

haha. Seriously though thats a super strange combo, would love to check it out. Where did you see this/do you have a link?

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:19 pm Profile
 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next