Last visit was: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:10 am It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:10 am

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 body in lake 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: body in lake
There was a second (chronologically, the first, actually) fatality near Live Oak that week. Very poor copy and headline writing of the online article made it initially seem that there were two deaths at SOSMP, but that's incorrect. There was only one death at the SOSMP.

Prayers to the family of the guy from Sebastian. I agree that the 'friends', were no friends at all. :|

JMO, but it doesn't really matter, the manner of death. The manner of death, as far as I'm concerned, was this poor fella had nobody watching out for him. It need not have been opiates; back in the 1980s I damn near drowned at a hotel at 1am, by drinking beer all night and deciding a late night hot tub soak was a good idea. I passed out and slipped under the water... I woke up, coughing out what seemed like a gallon of highly chlorinated pool water. Not pleasant. Guess what? I was *by myself*, when that happened.

He could have been stone cold sober, and slipped on a mossy rock, and hit his head on the way down. There's no telling, unless you want to read the autopsy report, whenever that's released. I don't.

I've helped many a stranger find their way at festivals. This is tragic, but it seems (from what we know) that it was avoidable.

Look out for each other. I think it goes hand in hand with Be Kind.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:51 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

has anyone heard anything from the autopsy??

Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:27 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I searched the web, and came up with only one article that said, cause of death was drowning. But the date was that week, to early for an autopsy? There was an alert link associated with his name under "News" on the www. I did not link up, but if you do keep us posted.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:47 am Profile
Wanee Lover

rip no way would i go swimming in a pond full of plant growth. :cry:

Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:13 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

eric wrote:
I searched the web, and came up with only one article that said, cause of death was drowning. But the date was that week, to early for an autopsy? There was an alert link associated with his name under "News" on the www. I did not link up, but if you do keep us posted.

Not likely we will find anything else out. Drowning was the cause of death, there was no visible sign of injuries, and no foul play suspected. If there was foul play suspected, other tests might be conducted to determine blood levels of all/any illegal substances. As it stands now, and probably as you already read..

"We may never know why or how" he died, Suwannee County Sheriff Sam St. John said. "No one saw him go under or drown. For whatever reason, he decide to take a swim" and died.

Source -
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/loc ... 376555001/

Which might be the best way to leave it for all.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:42 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Volkemon wrote:
Which might be the best way to leave it for all.

Agreed.

Consider Occam's Razor: the principle that the simplest explanation, is the most likely one for any occurrence.

Also consider: this ain't teevee... sheriffs and doctors deal with bad incidents daily, and (generally speaking), the simple and obvious facts of a situation drive their work. A necessary thing, because there's more cases coming in daily. You don't have a Dr. House finding the crazy, 0.2% probability disease diagnosis, or Detective Elliot Stabler seeking the long lost brother who can explain the entire murder case.

Tragic doesn't have to be complicated... I feel bad for this fella and his family. Most likely, it was just very bad luck.
:(

Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:23 pm Profile
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3