Last visit was: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:19 pm It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:19 pm

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 TTB 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: TTB
Barrumpbump

Sun May 28, 2017 6:53 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

eric wrote:
Barrumpbump

You really like that BUMP thang... :lol: :lol:

Well the seats were pretty good. Row A was 4 rows back, but lucky we were close to center. The two seats at the end of the row couldnt see 1/2 the band. :( It was great to be able to see the interaction with the band that close, but the sound was lacking. They did get it together later in the show. The poor soundman was in the audience trying to dial things in, and the usher started to hassle him about standing in the aisle.. :lol: :lol: A quick flash of ID solved that. :geek:

Beautiful venue! I am going to get balcony seats next time. Sound was MUCH better back a bit.

They did 'Whipping Post ' as a tribute. WELL done. Encore brought down the house also.

[old man rant]
Used to be one could get excited about 'Row A' on a ticket... :roll: Here it was 4 rows back...Sunshine music fest our 'Row A' was 26 :!: rows back from the stage.. :lol: :?
[/old man rant]

Mon May 29, 2017 8:43 am Profile
Wanee Lover

So, you are saying the show was O.K...........O.K. Is better than NO.K (I couldn't make it) Hope you had fun. Hope TTB will bless us with an appearance at Wanee 2018! If it's O.K with Susan (:

Mon May 29, 2017 11:42 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Its interesting now at the last several shows the sound has been an issue. I know it affects the performers, Bruce Hornsby at SMF was a perfect example. He almost walked off. Heck, he was giving the soundman sh*t calling him 'Tampa Feedback Man' :lol:

They are *PRO* performers for sure, but you could see guitar sound problems affect Derek and Susan. But whoa... when they finally dialed it in... it rocked. More than an OK show.

I am still a bit ticked I didnt record. That probably colors my view. :evil:

Mon May 29, 2017 12:46 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Volkemon wrote:
Beautiful venue! I am going to get balcony seats next time. Sound was MUCH better back a bit.

See, I KNEW folks that I knew were gonna be at this show!
:?

I had the family up in Orlando for the comic con. I read about the TTB show on Facebook Saturday... so I bought tix at midnight Saturday for the Sunday show. Serendipitous, I think they call that.

I guess I shoulda looked here at the Wanee board to see if anyone I knew was gonna be at this gig. But I had only my phone, and this board is a PITA to look at on my phone. *shrug*

FWIW, sound was perfect, third row mezzanine, the entire night. I heard one squeal of feedback from Susan's guitar; that's all. An absolutely gorgeous venue... it opened in 2014. Makes the Kravis Center look like an old movie house.

BTW Randy, you were at what normal folks call an 'Opera House'... even / odd seat numbering for Stage Left / Stage Right is the standard. And the bottom level up front is always called Orchestra. In such places, I always try for first level above the floor, first five rows or so, so you aren't under an overhang. Great sight lines and sound in that position. I was kind of amazed there were seats available right in that area, the night before the show.

Sorry I missed seeing y'all! Lots of old freaks and some Wanee shirts in the crowd.

Tue May 30, 2017 11:25 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Yeah, I walked back once downstairs and found the sound was much better. Live and learn. :) I never tried to get up on the mezzanine, they seemed to be pretty strict about what door you went in compared to the ticket seat assignment.

Thanks for the Opera House tutorial. :) That numbering system was a mystery. :? I will return to my Balcony/mezzanine seating habits after this. I got the front cause... um... everyone else seems to rave about it. ALL the cool kids sit there.. :lol: Pattie enjoyed it, however. And it was for HER birthday. :mrgreen:

Tue May 30, 2017 11:49 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Well if Mama is happy, all is well!
:D :D :D

Tue May 30, 2017 12:09 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I did not notice to many sound issues either. We were about halfway back on the ground level. Only a few complaints about the new amphitheater.
1) Prices, but I guess that's every where but $9 for a Coors light. 2) Everything seemed to be colored or painted in a Battleship grey. Maybe I did not like it because I am retired USAF but the place needs some more colors

Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:40 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Indy_Hawkeye wrote:
I did not notice to many sound issues either. We were about halfway back on the ground level. Only a few complaints about the new amphitheater.
1) Prices, but I guess that's every where but $9 for a Coors light. 2) Everything seemed to be colored or painted in a Battleship grey. Maybe I did not like it because I am retired USAF but the place needs some more colors

$24 for a Jack and Coke double in a tall cup. The $5 koozie did keep it cool, and was the bargain buy. ;)

EDIT - re: sound... get a center floor or balcony. Back to plan 'a' :geek:

per Pattie -
"Lots of sparkly silver, ivory accents. Candles brought out sparkly and the beige.."

" very clean lines, beautiful lines. Impressed they had people there before the tile was fully done. "

"coffee on every floor. That was cool. "

"$8 for an irish coffee isnt bad. Your (Volke's $24 J&C) drink was a bit much."

we did walk the place as allowed before the show. Got there early.

Last edited by Volkemon on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:21 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

thanks for the review of the show and the venue. 8-) once ttb get going its like a freight train.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:28 pm Profile
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next