Last visit was: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:15 am It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:15 am

[ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next
 ROOTS 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: ROOTS
AndieBee wrote:
While there are more than a few bands I like on the lineup, I can't say the entire fest is to my tastes. I'd like to come just for some family time, but I think this won't be it. Sorry my loves.

I feel exactly the same way. I already bought tickets, and am still questioning going.

Thu May 25, 2017 4:43 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

I bought tix.....and will probably be there.....wanted to share time with Wanee family....but looks like some of that is out.

Where is JJ?
The Colonel is gone... :cry:
No funk....?
I love DtB....but are they worth $155 .....NO....
I dunno.....already paid for 2 tickets.......damn....
Headliners???

This may be there last year....... :shock:

Thu May 25, 2017 6:42 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Soo I saw on the flyer Bill Monroe Shrine - Slopryland are these stages ? Sorry I'm just a curious noob

Thu May 25, 2017 8:00 pm Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

Bill Monroe Shrine is basically just an open building.....not sure they really use it.
Slopryland is a treat! Once the bands quit playing for the night....there is a spot around the Lake that they set up ....with bales of hay....and couches....and a bar....many of the people that play come over late at night and pick and grin. I camp over in that general vicinity....and many nights they will play until 6 in the morning....Jim Lauderdale goes over ....some of the Donna the Buffalo group...and many others.....they simply jam and share stories with anyone that shows up. A good time is had by all.
Anyone is invited over to listen and share.....some people come over and play with them. It is a light hearted affair. Many times it does not get started until rather late at night....after all the stages have shut down....and the band members have had a chance to rest....
Slopryland is worth the price of admission....if you can stay up all night.
This old boy usually turns in around 2-3....but I am close enough I can lie in bed and hear them.
You will enjoy Slopryland....if you go looking for it.

Thu May 25, 2017 10:29 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

If you go, be sure to catch Willie Sugarcapps- kind of an americana supergroup with Will Kimbrough, Grayson Capps, Corky Hughes, and Sugarcane Jane. They are a treat!
Does seem like Roots is missing a headliner or two. I'm leaning towards Festy Experience at the Lockn' grounds a week earlier. They have only announced half of their lineup so far, while smaller in scope it seems a tad more top heavy: The Infamous Stringdusters, Drive-By Truckers, Sam Bush Band, The Travelin’ McCourys, The Jerry Douglas Band, Cabinet, Billy Strings, Love Canon, Carl Anderson, The 8th Annual Garrettgrass Gospel Hour

Thu May 25, 2017 10:51 pm Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Rivernole wrote:
Bill Monroe Shrine is basically just an open building.....not sure they really use it.
Slopryland is a treat! Once the bands quit playing for the night....there is a spot around the Lake that they set up ....with bales of hay....and couches....and a bar....many of the people that play come over late at night and pick and grin. I camp over in that general vicinity....and many nights they will play until 6 in the morning....Jim Lauderdale goes over ....some of the Donna the Buffalo group...and many others.....they simply jam and share stories with anyone that shows up. A good time is had by all.
Anyone is invited over to listen and share.....some people come over and play with them. It is a light hearted affair. Many times it does not get started until rather late at night....after all the stages have shut down....and the band members have had a chance to rest....
This old boy usually turns in around 2-3....but I am close enough I can lie in bed and hear them.

Sigh. Now I'm homesick...

Thu May 25, 2017 10:58 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Rivernole wrote:

Wow that sounds really cool, I will definitely be checking it out if I end up at roots

Fri May 26, 2017 12:22 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

The Bill Monroe Shrine is basically the same thing as slopryland, but it seems to shut down earlier. Grandpa's was jamming behind it at spring reunion until pretty late, but there was nobody under the tent jamming really late, and the lights were off. It is like the little brother to Slopryland. I saw some cool stuff there in the past.

Fri May 26, 2017 7:50 am Profile
ϟ ϟ Wanee Demi-God ϟ ϟ

AndieBee wrote:

I'll keep the lights on for you Andie.....
You could drive your cart up and sit and listen.....
And it won't be the same without you....

Fri May 26, 2017 9:20 am Profile
ϟϟ Wanee Demi-Goddess ϟϟ

Rivernole wrote:
AndieBee wrote:

I'll keep the lights on for you Andie.....
You could drive your cart up and sit and listen.....
And it won't be the same without you....

You are so very sweet. If I won the lottery, I could do it all... Still waiting for that long lost rich uncle to adopt me.

Fri May 26, 2017 9:47 am Profile
 [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next